• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC STUDENTS: Have you ever had that feeling where you go: Fuck this, I quit!? (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Im pretty sure its something we'll be saying for the rest of our lives.

dumarab

HSC
Fucking hell i'm felling it now, and it's alwasy when it's IPT. Because i feel i'm learning this shit for no reason because it never comes in the fucking tests.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Well not really, it was more a "F* this, I don't care anymore. I'll just go through this shit like everybody else and do my best but I'm not gonna hope for great results. 'Cause everytime I do, I get screwed over and now I'm just too drained and have no more energy/hope to care."

I guess I just learnt to accept what life gives me rather than get pissed off at it when I've worked hard and get zilch back.

And anyways, quitting wasn't/isn't really an option for me...

Last edited:

ztn

HSC
hey evryone
just remember hsc is not the end of the world
and it depends on every person
sum pplz say dat evry semester is the hsc all over again at uni
but dont mind
ur in a country dats got so many opportunities
so good luk wid dat guys
im doing the hsc myself and not dat stressed

English Standard. Maths 2U. Business Studies. CAFS. Hospitality. Arabic 2U

and for cosnics 2008 however u spell it
u shud take care of the way ur speaking/chatting/typing(whatever) if u wana keep ur profile foto on (Imam Ali (a.s))

tc ya'll
AND TRY NOT TO STRESS TOO MUCHH!!!

Nat3skiz

HSC
ztn said:
hey evryone
just remember hsc is not the end of the world
and it depends on every person
sum pplz say dat evry semester is the hsc all over again at uni
but dont mind
ur in a country dats got so many opportunities
so good luk wid dat guys
im doing the hsc myself and not dat stressed

English Standard. Maths 2U. Business Studies. CAFS. Hospitality. Arabic 2U

and for cosnics 2008 however u spell it
u shud take care of the way ur speaking/chatting/typing(whatever) if u wana keep ur profile foto on (Imam Ali (a.s))

tc ya'll
AND TRY NOT TO STRESS TOO MUCHH!!!
with typing like that its no surprise you're doing standard english.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Not really, because if I quit, I'd really have nothing else to do. Plus, my parents would probably kick me out and I'd be outcasted from the whole family due to failure.

bawd

HSC
Aplus said:
Not really, because if I quit, I'd really have nothing else to do. Plus, my parents would probably kick me out and I'd be outcasted from the whole family due to failure.
You must have a very conventional, rigid family IMO. Are you Asian, by any chance? (Yeah, I'm stereotyping, but it's true. :))

My mother's investment in my education actually motivates me (and I use motivate in lieu of a less-friendly word: pressure) to do well because I have this opportunity which would be wasted if I didn't use it to the best of my ability.

HSC
i havent done anything i feel everyone is doing past exams and studying im just sitting
and doing my art and desing majors, is anyone else who have majors focusing on any other subjects bar their majors?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
bawd said:
You must have a very conventional, rigid family IMO. Are you Asian, by any chance?/quote]
Yes, and I understand the stereotyping lol.

pinkyforce7

HSC
wow. It seems like all you people have so much pressure to do well from your parents. Sydney must be a sausage factory. yeah, quiting the HSC isn't an option for me because if i drop out, well then, im a drop out. screw that.

Cerry

HSC
Oh, yeah, at least once a week. About all I've learnt so far this year is how to chuck an epic tantrum, and get lots of sympathy from my parents. If I didn't need my HSC to do what I want to do, I would have dropped out about half way through first term.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
pinkyforce7 said:
wow. It seems like all you people have so much pressure to do well from your parents. Sydney must be a sausage factory. yeah, quiting the HSC isn't an option for me because if i drop out, well then, im a drop out. screw that.
Yeah well, if you signed up to, or are browsing these forums, chances are you're somewhat serious about your education.

ztn

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
with typing like that its no surprise you're doing standard english.
yy wats wrong wid my typing???
its not like im writng an essay

bawd

HSC
Aplus said:
Yeah well, if you signed up to, or are browsing these forums, chances are you're somewhat serious about your education.
Or he was just bored of studies. :rolleyes:

But, I agree with your point.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Charity F said:
"Don't worry", "Just don't do anything thinking that you could have done better", "Everyone is feeling the pressure, just like you", "We went through the same thing", "Whatever you get, as long as you do your best, we will be happy".
All through term 1, I was getting really bad headaches... and the first paediatrician I saw thought it could have been High Achievers Syndrome where I could have pushed myself too hard over time, am stressed and expect too much of myself.

So my parents said the same things as above ^^^ ... then we found out what was causing the headaches and all that nice stuff disappeared... and things went back to the way they were, where i'm pushed quite hard with no sympathy to my mental status (whether it was High Achievers Syndrome or not) or the amount of stress i'm under.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)