• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hypothetical ATAR question... (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
If ur rank 1 in mx1, mx2, phys and chem but 7 in english, and ur school gets an average band 5 for eng adv students and 2-5 band 6's each year,

can u get pulled down from ur school from being rank 1? Ive heard rank 1 means ur unaffected mostly but some people keep telling me that a shit school still pulls u down?
And how bad will the english pull down my ATAR? like, for each overall mark in english, how much ATAR is lost/gained?

Last edited:

albertcamus

HSC
If ur rank 1 in mx1, mx2, phys and chem but 7 in english, and ur school gets an average band 5 for eng adv students and 2-5 band 6's each year,

can u get pulled down from ur school from being rank 1? Ive heard rank 1 means ur unaffected mostly but some people keep telling me that a shit school still pulls u down?
And how bad will the english pull down my ATAR? like, for each overall mark in english, how much ATAR is lost/gained?
Nah if you're first, afaik you don't get pulled down - and I'd say that your ATAR would probably be around 99.2-ish

enoilgam

HSC

If you rank one internally and externally, then the cohort has no effect.

enoilgam

HSC
:eek: WHATS THIS???

I never heard of this???

So if ur not ranked 1 in ur class in the HSC, u go down???
Let me rephrase, if you come first internally and externally, the mark you receive externally will end up being your final mark. If you do not come first externally, then you will receive the highest external mark from your cohort as your internal mark.

I didnt really put it well in my previous post.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Let me rephrase, if you come first internally and externally, the mark you receive externally will end up being your final mark. If you do not come first externally, then you will receive the highest external mark from your cohort as your internal mark.

I didnt really put it well in my previous post.
Dude my heart rate tripled ffs LOL

omg that scared me so much hahaha

v1

HSC
lol i was rank 8/60 at a school that gets 1-2 band 6s and got 99.6
i'd say it wouldn't drag u down that much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)