• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I’M SO STRESSED, IDK WHAT TO DO. (1 Viewer)

ronny thamer

HSC
Hello, BOS users

I am in year 11 and my prelims start in about 4-5 days, and I feel insanely stressed, not being able to function at times.

One issue I have vastly underestimated would bring me down was my ability to control my procrastination, of which is practically absent. I have my english prelim first, and I feel so underprepared. It is 2 essay’s in 1 hour 30 minutes, but I don’t have any good essay’s panned, partially because my teacher is okay, but more because again my procrastination. I will be lucky to expect anything greater than a C or low band 4. This past week i have broken down, talking to my families who say everything will be fine, which I know it will, but the feeling of not doing well, especially for my first big exam is haunting me. I was hoping to achieve early entry with these marks, but with only 4-5 days left until the start, plus my other exams a few days later which i also very very underprepared for, i am hopeless.

In comparison to my brothers (I’m a triplet), they seem very prepared, with concrete study schedules, quotes planned, essay’s etc. We are in english advanced, but they are both together in the other class (there are 2), and I am by myself , and I feel they’re teacher is much better than mine, imposing strict essay writing lesson’s every 2 weeks that the students must complete. Anyway’s I don’t want to compare myself to them, but I naturally tend to go this way, which is another reason I feel so demotivated.

I have always been a model student, achieving high marks, even if not an A++, but still High B’s to high A’s. I think these pressures have made me go down to an average B, which I know is good, but again might not get me early entry. I have spoken to counsellor’s regarding this, and they all say I am too hard on myself, over examining everything.

Im sorry if this is really long, but i just needed to vent. If you have any suggestions, feel free to communicate them.

carrotsss

HSC
trust me you can still get early entry with Bs it’s really not that strict

spiderfan44

HSC
in the moment doing poorly in prelims feels like youve failed the hsc. but trust me, in a few months you wont care at all. prelims do not matter at all unless youre doing early entry. the vast majority of people do worse in prelims than their trials or hsc. keep in mind youre new to the hsc structure, and that youve only had 3 terms to prepare, while in yr 12 you understand your strengths and weaknesses a lot better and the hsc structure, and you have 4 terms to prepare

harperissleepy

HSC
Hello, BOS users

I am in year 11 and my prelims start in about 4-5 days, and I feel insanely stressed, not being able to function at times.

One issue I have vastly underestimated would bring me down was my ability to control my procrastination, of which is practically absent. I have my english prelim first, and I feel so underprepared. It is 2 essay’s in 1 hour 30 minutes, but I don’t have any good essay’s panned, partially because my teacher is okay, but more because again my procrastination. I will be lucky to expect anything greater than a C or low band 4. This past week i have broken down, talking to my families who say everything will be fine, which I know it will, but the feeling of not doing well, especially for my first big exam is haunting me. I was hoping to achieve early entry with these marks, but with only 4-5 days left until the start, plus my other exams a few days later which i also very very underprepared for, i am hopeless.

In comparison to my brothers (I’m a triplet), they seem very prepared, with concrete study schedules, quotes planned, essay’s etc. We are in english advanced, but they are both together in the other class (there are 2), and I am by myself , and I feel they’re teacher is much better than mine, imposing strict essay writing lesson’s every 2 weeks that the students must complete. Anyway’s I don’t want to compare myself to them, but I naturally tend to go this way, which is another reason I feel so demotivated.

I have always been a model student, achieving high marks, even if not an A++, but still High B’s to high A’s. I think these pressures have made me go down to an average B, which I know is good, but again might not get me early entry. I have spoken to counsellor’s regarding this, and they all say I am too hard on myself, over examining everything.

Im sorry if this is really long, but i just needed to vent. If you have any suggestions, feel free to communicate them.
right now you need to take a few deep breaths and acknowledge that what's done has been done and that's okay, its not the end of the world
you'll get through it, put in your all while you can and you'll do fine i'm sure

IhateEnglish123

HSC
Hello, BOS users

bruv your prelims dont matter at all who cares

iloveeggs

HSC
hi im so sorry to hear that you've been struggling. i hope you're ok and you can always pm me on bos if you need someone to talk to

as for struggling i can totally relate. im midway through my prelims rn and im def getting a B for everything so far when ive previously been a 90+ student all my life and it sucks so hard. ive done some introspection and the anxiety and procrastination issues for me go far back and with a bit of advice i got from a few ppl ive been trying to seek professional help. its very difficult for me bc i have to convince people im not okay bc i have been doing well in life from the perspective of an outsider but yeah

if you find that your anxiety issues are just so bad you cant cope any more you should seriously consider seeking professional help through school counsellors. ik it can be difficult but it may be worth it

also for early entry depending on what course you want to do you can still get in with Bs and Cs. also if you've been doing very well in the past and its just prelims you do badly in maybe it will balance out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)