• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i don't know what to do! (2 Viewers)

yoonaday

HSC
haha, as i mentioned before, i can't sit down with them.. they would like KILL me..
they expect me to finish the 3u course and get a good mark (highly unlikely)
the course i want to do, doesn't even require maths, let alone 3u. so i don't know why they hassle me so much..
hey we have some subjects in common nice!
are you aiming for an atar of 90 + and what do you want to do?
they aren't above average imo.. i think there below average, im just quite please with my bio and that's all.
the course i want to do requires an 84 and at this rate, I'll probably get an atar of 60 or so..
do you have any study methods? the computer, has killed my education, everyday after school, i straight away go on the computer, don't know what's wrong with me..
I'm in year 12 and i procrastinate and hardly study..
just a little fact.. the day we get our results, it's my birthday..
and im REALLY scared, as everyone is coming to come over, and they'll ask for my atar.. and as you know im not confident with my family.. im really scared!
The fact that you say your parents would kill you seems to show that you have not quite sat with them to talk about your situation. I'm sure your parents want the best for you but wanting the best for you doesn't mean that they can control every aspect of your life. If they don't seem to understand your situation than it's about time that you start coming out of your shell. Go to the head teacher and just drop the damn thing. The subjects, marks and HSC all come down to you and your life in the future (not your parents or family). It seems as though your parents are trying to fit in to the broader part of the family as your cousins seem to have done really well and they want you to do the same thing. This is wrong that your parents want to showcase you like that, you are not a trophy that they can show off to, you are their son.

As for studying I suggest that the first thing you need to do is change settings. It's mainly a specific place in which we tend to procrastinate (for me, it's my bedroom as it has the computer) so I suggest the first thing you need to do is get away from that specific room. Because even though you remove the items that distract you, you tend to still get distracted as your brain sort of relates the room you tend to study in as the room to procrastinate. When you find a suitable place to study, try to leave all distractions in a different area (I'm sure you wouldn't need your phone/computer to study). As maths is your weakest I suggest putting that as the major priority in your studies. I suggest about 2-3 hours on your maths with different topics in between every 30-60 minutes. But it really comes down to you, what do you think is best for you in order to study? Sometimes methods don't work as it just doesn't suit, listen to your heart, and try to think deeply to the roots of your procrastination. I hope I helped :)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
The fact that you say your parents would kill you seems to show that you have not quite sat with them to talk about your situation. I'm sure your parents want the best for you but wanting the best for you doesn't mean that they can control every aspect of your life. If they don't seem to understand your situation than it's about time that you start coming out of your shell. Go to the head teacher and just drop the damn thing. The subjects, marks and HSC all come down to you and your life in the future (not your parents or family). It seems as though your parents are trying to fit in to the broader part of the family as your cousins seem to have done really well and they want you to do the same thing. This is wrong that your parents want to showcase you like that, you are not a trophy that they can show off to, you are their son.

As for studying I suggest that the first thing you need to do is change settings. It's mainly a specific place in which we tend to procrastinate (for me, it's my bedroom as it has the computer) so I suggest the first thing you need to do is get away from that specific room. Because even though you remove the items that distract you, you tend to still get distracted as your brain sort of relates the room you tend to study in as the room to procrastinate. When you find a suitable place to study, try to leave all distractions in a different area (I'm sure you wouldn't need your phone/computer to study). As maths is your weakest I suggest putting that as the major priority in your studies. I suggest about 2-3 hours on your maths with different topics in between every 30-60 minutes. But it really comes down to you, what do you think is best for you in order to study? Sometimes methods don't work as it just doesn't suit, listen to your heart, and try to think deeply to the roots of your procrastination. I hope I helped :)
You helped ALOT!
but i think it's easier for you too say "sit with your parents"
as you don't know them :/
if you did you would retype those words too "don't sit and talk to your parents"
i have thought about dropping for a long time, as it annoys me.
and after your conversation with me, i think it's time to drop 3u maths.
Thanks ALOT again.
you are an angel.
i hope you end up with the atar you need and your future endeavors.
THANKS again, you truly are an inspirational person, I personally have never met anyone like you.
<3

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
aha does italian rents care? :L I thought it was only asian rents who care LOL

dannit12

HSC
instead of being on this website and asking random people for help i suggest you study and do your work so that you don't get 75 ;) problem solved.

Green Pup

HSC
Just calm down, talk to your parents and go study. Look at your lifestyle. What can you change so that you'll be able to study more/effectively/efficiently?

Good luck!

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Sounds like you need to take a reality check:

Firstly, you can still improve your marks!

Secondly, your parents care about you! If they "disown" you (highly unlikely) then clearly they are short-sighted now, but eventually they will get over their big, unrealistic expectations.

Thirdly, you are over-reacting. HSC results aren't the be all end all.

And last of all, put things in perspective; today it might seem like the world will end if you don't get above 90 ATAR, but we both know that isn't true: that indeed life will go on and you will most likely be just fine. I know. Shock horror.

Relax.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
I know how you feel, everyone in my family has got ATAR's in the 90's and to add some more pressure my brother got 99 last year. I go to a school in the 600's and am probably not going to live up to the expectations my parents have. But im not worried and you really shouldn't care to much about how they are going to react as long as you know you're putting in the effort needed... First Post!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)