• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I know how to fix the abo problem (1 Viewer)

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Remove the distinction between aboriginals and other australians.

Remove all 'indigenous only' welfare. Obvioulsy a lot of Aboriginals live in remote areas which would obviously always having lower standards of living that cities etc. So welfare should be based on the socio-economic status of the recipient, not their ancestry lol. All people in disadvanted areas recieve the same welfare etc.

The distinction between indigenous australians and 'other' australians is the main cause of this divide between australian people and it is uneccessary.

~discussions~

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
cos lyk da apology already happened so now its time to move on ay

Compensation for people directly affected by former governmental policies such as the stolen generation, not all abos as ~most~ have not been directly affected.

The loss of their culture is irellevant because it is up to them to keep their culture alive ay bruh. From what i understand their culture relies heavily on interaction with the land and mutual respect with it etc, something that is uncompatible with modernised living tbh.

also whats wrong with an 'australian' culture that takes aspects of our multicultural society and integrates them oh wait we already do that

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
also please do not delete or ban me the condescending tone of this thread is designed to promote discussion on one of the most srs issues in our country (cos its so good that we dont have much else to worry us)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Remove the distinction between aboriginals and other australians.

Remove all 'indigenous only' welfare. Obvioulsy a lot of Aboriginals live in remote areas which would obviously always having lower standards of living that cities etc. So welfare should be based on the socio-economic status of the recipient, not their ancestry lol. All people in disadvanted areas recieve the same welfare etc.

The distinction between indigenous australians and 'other' australians is the main cause of this divide between australian people and it is uneccessary.

~discussions~
It would seem like the logical thing to do.

HSC
I agree that the way to help is to remove the divide between white society and Aboriginals, but I think that removing welfare payments and nothing else is not the way to go. Before the payments are removed, they need to be educated and empowered, so that they can help themselves, and therefore don't need assistance from the government.

aussie-boy

HSC
All economically viable rural communities in Australia are based on mining, agriculture or tourism.

Many of these indigenous communities have no resources, little fertile land and nothing to see/do there... without welfare there is no possibility of them having access to modern stuff like packaged food etc because they are unable to be economically productive.

I see the only 2 options for them as being:
-Live off the land (hunting & gathering etc rather than buying food, clothes)
-Move

But of course these things won't be happening, and the Government has significant obligations from the UN to support Indigenous people, so it doesn't have much choice.

Even with an highly educated population, a rural town with no underpinning industry will not survive

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
All economically viable rural communities in Australia are based on mining, agriculture or tourism.

Many of these indigenous communities have no resources, little fertile land and nothing to see/do there... without welfare there is no possibility of them having access to modern stuff like packaged food etc because they are unable to be economically productive.

I see the only 2 options for them as being:
-Live off the land (hunting & gathering etc rather than buying food, clothes)
-Move

But of course these things won't be happening, and the Government has significant obligations from the UN to support Indigenous people, so it doesn't have much choice.

Even with an highly educated population, a rural town with no underpinning industry will not survive
fail comprehension

I said that they should not recieve welfare based on the indigenous background, just socioeconomic status.

Tbh we shouldn't be supporting unviable communities lol

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Who cares

who are 'they'? Any person who wants money needs an education. If the distinction between them and us lol is removed then anyone who doesn't want an education etc will be treated te same

Lentern

HSC
fail comprehension

I said that they should not recieve welfare based on the indigenous background, just socioeconomic status.

Tbh we shouldn't be supporting unviable communities lol
You make a good point with startling simplicity. I normally role my eyes at mobs who talk about rolling back affirmative action but your not really you are simply saying help those who need help. Certainly it makes no sense to leave other seriously underprivileged individuals out in the rain because they are not indigenous nor the inverse. Your points are oversimplified to the extent they become callous but are not without merit.

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A
You make a good point with startling simplicity. I normally role my eyes at mobs who talk about rolling back affirmative action but your not really you are simply saying help those who need help. Certainly it makes no sense to leave other seriously underprivileged individuals out in the rain because they are not indigenous nor the inverse. Your points are oversimplified to the extent they become callous but are not without merit.
lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
He is being no more callous than apologists who insist that their circumstances are so much more helpless than other people in remote communities.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
out of sight, out of mind

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
I hate the boongs as much as anyone

so it's probably in my best interests to help them be less like animals

Ronald Reagan

HSC
N/A
affirmative action
lisa needs braces
affirmative action
lisa needs braces

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)