• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I need help please, i am stressing so much about my atar. (1 Viewer)

Jkayee

HSC
Hello im in year 11 and my school is very academic.
My subjects are:
General Maths
Standard English (I did advaced English for 2 weeks.. i didn't like it)
Biology
Ancient History
Food Technology
Communities and family studies

For year 12 i was planning to drop Food Technology since its a B category subject and pick up History extension but i heard its extremely hard?:cry:
I was wondering with my subjects can i achieve an atar of 85+? :/
Im only in year 11 but im stressing out so much already. I haven't started studying yet because im too busy with my assignments coming up but ill start during the holidays till next year. If i study really hard this year till next year can i achieve a very good atar? :/
I dont like CAF but i cant drop it either and im not that good in maths but im very determined to improve. I'm also an average in biology and i love ancient history and english.

enoilgam

HSC
You can get any ATAR with any combination of subjects (there are a few rare exceptions to this). Whilst your subjects arent the greatest in terms of scaling, you should have no trouble getting 85+. Dropping from advanced to standard was a mistake - standard aligns poorly and isnt that much easier then advanced (in standard, less then 5% of students get above 80). Whilst year 11 doesnt count towards anything, it is a good idea to start working on your study technique in preparation for next year. Remember, its easy to commit to an idea but its hard to commit to a process - anyone can say the will get on top of study, but few actually do. If you put the work in, I see no reason why you wont do well.

Last edited:

qwerty44

HSC
You can get any ATAR with any combination of subjects (there are a few rare exceptions to this). Whilst your subjects arent the greatest in terms of scaling, you should have no trouble getting 85+. Dropping from advanced to standard was a mistake - standard aligns poorly and isnt that much easier then advanced (in standard, less then 5% of students get above 80). Whilst year 11 doesnt count towards anything, it is a good idea to start working on your study technique in preparation for next year. Remember, its easy to commit to an idea but its hard to commit to a process - anyone can get on top of study, but few actually do. If you put the work in, I see no reason why you wont do well.
+1 Not much more to ad.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Hello im in year 11 and my school is very academic.
My subjects are:
General Maths
Standard English (I did advaced English for 2 weeks.. i didn't like it)
Biology
Ancient History
Food Technology
Communities and family studies

For year 12 i was planning to drop Food Technology since its a B category subject and pick up History extension but i heard its extremely hard?:cry:
I was wondering with my subjects can i achieve an atar of 85+? :/
Im only in year 11 but im stressing out so much already. I haven't started studying yet because im too busy with my assignments coming up but ill start during the holidays till next year. If i study really hard this year till next year can i achieve a very good atar? :/
I dont like CAF but i cant drop it either and im not that good in maths but im very determined to improve. I'm also an average in biology and i love ancient history and english.
Clarify please.

Jkayee

HSC
Okay so i just want to know if it is possible to get a good atar (85+) with my subject if i study a lot. Also if extension history is difficult or not?

Jkayee

HSC
"its easy to commit to an idea but its hard to commit to a process", haha i kinda like that. My subject isnt strong but with general math is it possible to get a good atar?

enoilgam

HSC
"its easy to commit to an idea but its hard to commit to a process", haha i kinda like that. My subject isnt strong but with general math is it possible to get a good atar?
Its from the Art of War by Sun Tzu - its a great read.

knxd

HSC
an academic school wouldnt offer half those subjects mate, but i heard of someone doing subjects similar to yours op and she got 99.95(serious)

HSC
history extension is not hard- its relatively simple if youre in the top 5 for ancient history you shld be able to handle it.

HSC
agreed about dropping from advanced to standard being a bad idea.
top 30% in adv = top 1% in standrard

starryblue

HSC
calm down...you'll do fine. There's still heaps of time so study smart and you'll surely get the atar you want :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)