• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I need reassurance. (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I had to postpone one of my maths assessments because of something that happened, and my teacher said that I could either:

1. Do it that day and see what I got (if it was a really bad mark compared to my usual standard, it could be adjusted to previous marks)
2. Do it the next day (same thing applies with the marking process)
3. Just get an estimation.

I chose to do it the next day, which was today. I did absolutely terribly. I didn't even complete half of it and my mind was totaly blank.

I know he's gonna want to talk to me and I'm just so disappointed in myself. I know that there was special circumstances but I feel like just crying and giving up.

I keep thinking that he'll think my "circumstances" aren't that bad to affect my mark THAT badly, and that I'm going to get a really terrible mark for this assessment.

Help!

Dave2007

HSC
It really depends on the "circumstance" as to whether it qualifies as an illness/misadventure from an assessment, which means they can give you an estimation.

If you were to take it up the appeal process you would have to prove illness/misadventure to your director of studies if you believe your mark for doing it then was unfair and affected by said "circumstance".

bethdocker85

HSC
Ok firstly, do not worry.

A similar thing happenend to me but the misadventure was medical. I chose to do the exam that day instead of the next day, but that doesn't really change much. Only thing is if you did it that day you had the option of keeping the mark, doing it the next day means you definately can't keep the mark.

What they do is they just look at all your assessments you have done so far and the ones you still have to do (once they are done) and then estimate a mark based on those. Your mark you got stays for now until they can estimate a new one. The only way they usually say ur "misadventure" didn't affect you enough was if the mark they estimate is similar to the one you got.

Good luck, and don't worry!

:)

somewhereelse

HSC
i was under the impression they werent allowed to change assessment tasks once you sat for it? so you either decide you're too sick/misadventured to do it, or that you're well enough to do it... and if you do it, you cant later say 'oh but i was depressed/had the flu..'

thats how it is for the hsc, right?

somewhereelse

HSC
i was under the impression they werent allowed to change assessment tasks once you sat for it? so you either decide you're too sick/misadventured to do it, or that you're well enough to do it... and if you do it, you cant later say 'oh but i was depressed/had the flu..'

thats how it is for the hsc, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)