• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I only JUST realised... (1 Viewer)

kawaiinlove

HSC
in my 16 and a bit years on this earth i only just realised that as humans we're not supposed to drink cows milk. human milk, yes, but only during nurturing. it's not as if we've been designed to suckle on a cows teats. :\

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
in my 16 and a bit years on this earth i only just realised that as humans we're not supposed to drink cows milk. human milk, yes, but only during nurturing. it's not as if we've been designed to suckle on a cows teats. :\
Mmm. I only comprehended it lately too. Strange thing.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ur 16 and ur a chick, u need as much calcium as u can get in the growing stage of your life, because women have a higher rate of arthritis/osteoporosis/bone problems then men do, so bone up and drink yo milk.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Humans have been drinking cows milk fo centuries.....we have special enzymes specifically designed to break it down, the earliest tribes that did it gained a huge advantage with their neutrition so they thrived and passed on those genes and behaviour. So yeah, depends on what you mean by " supposed to" but we are perfectly adapted to do it, its delicious and provides an advantage so why not

laniani

HSC
its the same for a lot of the foods we eat though
i mean....we weren't 'made' to eat processed foods. but we do.
unless you're fully all organic.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I'm increasingly suspicious of this reasoning. I'd like to hear from a nutritionist. Afaik, there's no harm done with any specific contents or components, a bit high in fat, but you can drink reduced fat stuff.

I've always wanted to try a womans milk. It must taste good hey?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well biologically, no, we're not supposed to drink mink past weaning (and despite what Serius says, many people become lactose intolerant after said weaning, which is perfectly natural). If we were eating whole animal meats - including offal and nibbling on some of the bones, like giraffes do - we would be getting most of our calcium requirements, but the muscle meat that we eat these days is low in calcium, and so we need it from another source.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard of that. Oh well.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
mmmmmmm milk...my fav. I honestly dont know what i'll do without my good old cold cuppa milk.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
If anyone watches "Stargate SG-1" there's a great scene (tried to find it on YouTube), where one of the characters from a different world (Tealc) says to the main character (Jack O'Neill)

"I will not consume Bovine lactose"

That was when I kind of realised what we were drinking...

Didn't stop me...

Coffee, hot chocolate, cereal, milo. tea, milkshakes or even by itself...
sooooooooooooo good :)

I pitty lactose intolerant people

-Ego

HSC
I feel like i'm in a troll thread...

Last time someone made a thread similar to this, it was about Bread and how it kills more people then smoking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)