• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I&S Creative (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone

I have my half yearly for Individual and Society next week and I need some help with some sort of original concept for a story.

With the creative piece am I able to do a speech, from a worker or female POV or does it have to be a linear "story".

If anyone has any suggestions that fits in with the whole notion of an individual in society I would love to hear them

Thanks

Dave2007

HSC
Usually they'll give you a stimulus and then say what type of genre to write in.

Like theyll give you a picture related to something you've studied and say "write a picture about it"

or theyll say "write a speech that a character in your prescribed text might give" etc...

Although your school may be different, in which case you sohuld just ask your teacher. Your best bet is to just practise and write alot of creative pieces so you can respond to any stimulus/genre they throw at you. Or you can be risky and prepare.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Weve been given the question

its just write a creative piece exploring the 19th cent's understanding of conflict in the ind' relationship with social institutions and dominant ways of thinking.

but during the exam we have to write a reflection statement as well.

Dave2007

HSC
If you've been given the question theres no reason you can't get it perfectly.

And nothing in the wording of that question suggests you can't do a speech.

Now i dont do I&S, but where in the 19th cent context would someone be making a broadly influential speech? You could structure a very good creative writing piece, for example, of him being lead to the gallows for execution following some political activism (say against a dominant paradigm of religion or something)... that could be an interesting idea to use as a basis for a speech or speech within a story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)