• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i wanted to cry... (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
now here's a story to make you cringe...
wednesday morning 3:30 am, i FINALLY finished an assignment that i had been working for about 4 days. I hit save, then hit print and walked out of my room. I came back inside 5mins later to find that my laptop had restarted itself and erased ALL of my files including music, photos and... you guessed it! My assignment!

And so, after a hour of crying and throwing tantrums, i restarted thw whole frigging thing... luckily i remembered a lot as i was going along and so when i finally finished for the 2nd time and crawled into bed at 6:30am, i breathed a huuuuuuuuuge sigh of relief!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
awwwwwww damn, that's pretty bad. so what, your whole HDD was wiped? wonder how that happened...

Winston

HSC
Yeah... it's very sad... i can feel for you, we can't put too much dependance on computers.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
the lesson here boys and girls:
data you don't backup is data you don't wish to keep.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, i was doing a report for uni the other day, finished it and had my mouse hovering over 'save' (i hardly ever save...bad habit, i know) and word froze, so im nearly in tears, but luckily it managed to recover itself.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Yeah, sometimes when word freezes, it auto-saves before exiting.

Ive had similar experiences with a high school assignment - i have one of those keyboards that has a "shutdown" button - and, lifting up my keyboard looking for a pen, the button accidently hit the bottom of my moniter - and it shutdown before i could stop it :( - no real harm tho...but i can imagine the stress ! :(

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
woah, that happened to me a few times.......
gosh, i felt ur pain
but u finished the WHOLE assignment alllll over again in ONLY about 3hrs or so??????????????
woah, that's pretty fast!!!!
I had an essay to do and it took me like 7hrs ........lol
went to sleep at 7am actually then got up 7.10am to go to uni

sometimes u just cant b bothered to save or backup files.....
then smthng happens and ur cursed

i still cant blieve u finished a 4day's work in a couple of hrs!!!
but i really wonder y ur comp just resetted itself and wiped everything off........weird..........

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah the same thing happened to meeh once.. like i put my heart and soul into this major assignment..... i cried for like two hours and was v close to chucking my comp outta window (i can b v violent at times :p) and then i gathered myself and redid my assignment..likeli it wasnt a last minute job and i had abt 2 days to do it in.. but still it was lyk 80 pages...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ouch, that is horrible, just remember to always back up, don't let yourself be demotivated! i think i'll back my work up now

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
The easiest thing is to probably mount a CD-RW and run the inbuilt backup program to run every 30-60 minutes, so even if it does crash, you wont lose a lot of your work.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Sounds complicated :s

I use microsoft onenote - and it can automatically saves to a local computer on your network to a specified folder every few minutes.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Hahahaha..... sorry for laughing but that is funny hahahaha!

Next time back up your files hahaha...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)