• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ICAS Maths (1 Viewer)

jihad1234

HSC
Hi, I wanted to say good luck to all those competing in the ICAS Maths tomorrow. I hope we can compare answers after we have completed the exam. Good luck!

jihad1234

HSC
I did the ICAS Maths today and I am fairly confident on all the questions except 4. I would really appreciate any help on these...

1) On a 6 sided standard dice, the numbers of opposite faces add up to 7. For example if one side shows 3, the opposite side shows 4. Sue has a 27 standard dice which she stacks to form a 3x3x3 cube. She then adds all the numbers of the outside faces of her large cube. What is the smallest possible sum Sue can get? (I got 94)

2) A speedboat towing a skier drives in a full circle with a 42m diameter. It takes 10 seconds to complete the circle. The skier takes the same amount of time to complete a larger circle with diameter 56m. How much faster than the speedboat does the skier travel to the nearest km per hour?

3) How many triangles of any size are in this diagram? Link: http://puzzlersworld.com/wp/wp-conte...is-hexagon.gif
(Possible options: 13, 17, 37, 43 - I guessed 43 but there are definitely more than 17)

4. Edward paints a fence in 12 hours. Danny paints 60% faster than Edward. How much time would Danny need to paint the same fence?
(Possible options: 8hr, 7hr 30min, 7hr 12min, 4hr 48min - I got 7hr 30min but I suspect it is wrong)

Thank you so much for your time, it is really appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)