• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you move from a subject/university to another is your academic transcript wiped (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Is it true that you can convert a fail to a DNF???????????

You can redo the subject and get a better mark, but this does not negate the effect of the original fail on your GPA/WAM! Please, you've been told this so many fucking times.

This does not negate the effect of the original fail?

what the fuk?, then what? a discontinue fail is a 0 so if you get 90mark after redo ing that subject you get a mark of 45 (average of them)?

is that what it is???

then who the freak would get a DF if its an auto 0.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Re: Is it true that you can convert a fail to a DNF???????????

You can redo the subject and get a better mark, but this does not negate the effect of the original fail on your GPA/WAM! Please, you've been told this so many fucking times.

This does not negate the effect of the original fail?

what the fuk?, then what? a discontinue fail is a 0 so if you get 90mark after redo ing that subject you get a mark of 45 (average of them)?

is that what it is???

then who the freak would get a DF if its an auto 0.
No one. Everyone else seems to be getting at least a pass.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: If you move from a subject/university to another is your academic transcript wipe

There are various types of Fail grades, each say 'you failed, and this is why...'

Fail: You failed because you got shit marks.
Discontinue Fail: You failed because you elected to fail.
Absent Fail: You failed because you didn't show up to/do something important.

It's just a classification of a Fail grade.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: If you move from a subject/university to another is your academic transcript wipe

I think you are mistaken as your own words contradict yourself and cannot answer my question yet.

This is what I have concluded from my own observation. And no I am not just trying to find an excuse to make me feel better.

Getting a discontinue fail meants that you "have failed" meaning it will SHOW UP ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT as a fail and as a result will effect your GPA negatively as it is technically a 0

HOWEVER

If you redo a subject and recieve better marks then your GPA will increase back to the NEW mark that you recieve from redoing the subject.

Am I correct?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

I give up.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I think you are mistaken as your own words contradict yourself and cannot answer my question yet.

This is what I have concluded from my own observation. And no I am not just trying to find an excuse to make me feel better.

Getting a discontinue fail meants that you "have failed" meaning it will SHOW UP ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT as a fail and as a result will effect your GPA negatively as it is technically a 0

HOWEVER

If you redo a subject and recieve better marks then your GPA will increase back to the NEW mark that you recieve from redoing the subject.

Am I correct?

No, go back and read what people have written.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

No, go back and read what people have written.
OK i've reread everything.

Say i got a DF and then re did that subject and got a much better mark.

So my GPA/WAM will now be calculated with 1 more extra unit of study since they need to include my DF which I am guessing is 0?

IS this right?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Are you allowed to retake passed subjects to increase your GPA/WAM hehe :p ?????

Are you allowed to retake passed subjects to increase your GPA/WAM hehe :p ?????

REdoing subjects to get high distinctions to pull your wam/gpa up.

I attend USYD btw.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Are you allowed to retake passed subjects to increase your GPA/WAM hehe :p ?????

Nope, not allowed.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

bro if you do shit at one uni you're going to do shit regardless if you transfer. being lazy isn't a 'genuine' reason - so many people slack off as well and can at least manage a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)