• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If You're a Christian, Muslim or Jew - You are Wrong (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss cherry

- ladidaaaa -
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
I dare that guy to go to the middle east and say that stuff.

I think the part he omitted was "oh by the way, i'm a hindu who believes in 10,000 different gods by the way".
wtf is your problem? you protest about some guy dissing your religion yet you just did the same to another. did you know anything about hinduism before you made your ^ claim? get your facts straight, mate.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
miss cherry said:
wtf is your problem? you protest about some guy dissing your religion yet you just did the same to another. did you know anything about hinduism before you made your ^ claim? get your facts straight, mate.
He basically has a problem with anyone and everyone who differs to him in any sort of way in this world so dont take notice.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
stop fighting, see wat this guy has done. Cenk Uygur. for some reason i just had an image of him standing in a lake of lava with fire in the background and his screaming.

who the fuck is this guy to say this stuff. oh my god this is so offensive. everyone is allowed to have there believes. this guy would go up to up to a 3-4 year old smack them on the head and tell them the tooth fairy doesnt exist. his a fat bastard.
1. We are not 4 year olds, and the article was not aimed at children. Adults/young adults should be well informed on such significant matters.

2. We are not simply "fighting", we are discussing this issue. That is the point of this forum. We are not sitting around holding hands chanting "everyone is entitled to their beliefs." Of course people are entitled to their beliefs - that is common sense. But we are here to discuss issues, not merely to be docile harmonious robots. If you do not want to discuss it and are offended by the fact people are discussing it, you can simply not participate.

3. If his opinion is offensive, then all religious opinions (which say the opposite) are also offensive to someone of his beliefs. The author has just as much right to express his opinion as you do to express yours.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
stop fighting, see wat this guy has done. Cenk Uygur. for some reason i just had an image of him standing in a lake of lava with fire in the background and his screaming.

who the fuck is this guy to say this stuff. oh my god this is so offensive. everyone is allowed to have there believes. this guy would go up to up to a 3-4 year old smack them on the head and tell them the tooth fairy doesnt exist. his a fat bastard.
you invisioned him in a lake of lava , suggesting he'll go to hell. But the guy doesnt believe in hell ,he doesnt belieave in all the stuff that the religions couldnt prove. so in his mind hell doesnt exist, so theres no need to worry about it. Now have YOU been to hell or have you been watching too many volcano documentaries and they have gotten to your head?

You made a good metaphore for religion. the belieavers are like 4 year olds and the athiests smack them and tell them that the tooth fairy( god) doesnt exist, so they then go have a cry. But then a baby grows up and finds out the fairy is not real because theres absolutely no way to justify its existance. However the only difference with believers is that they are already grown up but are still trapped in a 4 year olds mind and think the tooth fairy( god ) is real.

Last edited:
no body knows anything. how do i know theres a god, how do u know theres not. b4 i would not believe in God i would need proof he doesnt exist. youll never find any.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
codereder said:
no body knows anything. how do i know theres a god, how do u know theres not. b4 i would not believe in God i would need proof he doesnt exist. youll never find any.
Wouldn't it make more sense since there's no definate proof either way to take an agnostic position?

nah, cause part of believing in god is the fact that ur not supposed to have evidence. if u had evidence theres nothing special about believing.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
While you call believing in something that spectacular without evidence "special" (which is completely vague and doesn't show anything), I call it irrational.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
............................................................................................
..............................................................................................
................................................................................................

nah, cause part of believing in god is the fact that ur not supposed to have evidence. if u had evidence theres nothing special about believing.
...................... (etc.)

So I am to assume that your belief came from no evidence at all, and you just made it up and decided to go with it?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
"Evidence" of a divine being is very subjective in itself as while the creation of all earth and matter maybe evidence enough of the existence of a God, it may not be so for others, namely atheists. Its a matter of faith which the majority of religions depend upon as the basis of "evidence". So, while this may not be sufficient to you, it is for billions of people. I fail to see the clear-cut irrationality of this idea.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Sepulchres said:
"Evidence" of a divine being is very subjective in itself as while the creation of all earth and matter maybe evidence enough of the existence of a God, it may not be so for others, namely atheists. Its a matter of faith which the majority of religions depend upon as the basis of "evidence". So, while this may not be sufficient to you, it is for billions of people. I fail to see the clear-cut irrationality of this idea.
Just because millions of people believe in something doesn't mean they're right. Appeal to the popular.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sepulchres said:
I see. So your argument is:

1. Stuff exists.
2. Therefore, God exists.

Very convincing!

And please do not say that "faith" is evidence. Faith means belief in something without evidence.

Hardenne

HSC
ok, can the atheiests, who, for some reason, believe they are more intelligent than people who believe in God, please tell me how the very first atom was created. Can you atheists please tell me how the the entire universe, including every planet and star seem to be in perfect synchronisation? Was is by chance that after the big bang, everything just 'fell into place'?

Hardenne

HSC
And just a point for the people who believe that the people of Iraq should be happy with thier lives. Why dont u try to imagine your being killed 'accidently' by soldiers, your mothers and sisters getting raped, living in fear every single day of your lives. The Americans have no right to simply invade thier country with no basis at all, it it blatantly obvious that oil and control of the middle east was thier aim. Don't you all remember that it was the WMD's that they enetered there for, not to get rid of Saddam or help the people, it was so they can ensure they had total world power that no one can danger.

tempco

HSC
this argument has been done to death. if there was conclusive evidence for the existence of God, no one would be agnostic.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ok, can the atheiests, who, for some reason, believe they are more intelligent than people who believe in God, please tell me how the very first atom was created. Can you atheists please tell me how the the entire universe, including every planet and star seem to be in perfect synchronisation? Was is by chance that after the big bang, everything just 'fell into place'?
ZOMG YOU CANT ExPLAIN EVERYTHING SO THERE IS OBVIOUSLY A GOD.
... fkn dumbarse.

And just a point for the people who believe that the people of Iraq should be happy with thier lives. Why dont u try to imagine your being killed 'accidently' by soldiers, your mothers and sisters getting raped, living in fear every single day of your lives. The Americans have no right to simply invade thier country with no basis at all, it it blatantly obvious that oil and control of the middle east was thier aim. Don't you all remember that it was the WMD's that they enetered there for, not to get rid of Saddam or help the people, it was so they can ensure they had total world power that no one can danger.
Wtf?

Hardenne

HSC
The evidence it actually all around you, eveything in this world has been made for you. Some people are just too arrogant though, they think they themselves are God, and forget what has been given to them. Oh well.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
well I tend to agree with the following guy, on what it would take to convince me god exists.

It is difficult to envisage a "miracle" that could not easily be reproduced by a sufficiently advanced technology - something that could only possibly be performed by a truly omnipotent being. A suggestion I heard once was to alter the speed of light throughout the universe (but how could we measure it all over the universe?). The only miracle I can think of that could truly convince me that there is an omnipotent being would be for that being to grant me omnipotence.
Essentially, the existance of an omnipotent God defies the logic which I believe in, that the only way I would believe in it would be to experience omnipotence myself.

Some people are just too arrogant though, they think they themselves are God, and forget what has been given to them.
How do you know it has been 'given' to them? They are not arrogant, they don't believe they are god, they are just not fools ready to believe that god 'gave' the world to them.

Hardenne

HSC
I think i should study for chemistry now and watch Frasier, but i'd love to continue to have a proper arguemnt with this topic. But just think about it, if what you believe in doesnt answer every question, why do you believe in it?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hardenne said:
Can you atheists please tell me how the the entire universe, including every planet and star seem to be in perfect synchronisation? Was is by chance that after the big bang, everything just 'fell into place'?
As NTB said, just because you can't explain something doesn't mean there is a God behind it. That is the reason people in medieval times invented deities to explain sheep dying in the night or other unexplained phenomenon. If there was a volcano or an earthquake then "the Gods must be angry". It's just a comforting explanation to fill gaps in our knowledge.

Nowadays that is rather backward thinking though. You obviously don't say a God caused the earthquake (unless you are Kangaroo), because you know how earthquakes are really caused. We may not know how the universe was created (we probably will never know), but it does not mean a God created it. (Besides, if everything that exists needs a cause, what created God?)

(It doesn't explain anything anyway. You could replace "God" with "an all-powerful fluffy-pink elephant" -- it doesn't tell us anything.)

I am not sure what you mean by the planets being "in perfect syncronisation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)