• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I'm Lovin' It. (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
Do you think the media has warped the concept of 'love' so strongly, that when we finally fall into it, it's quite anticlimactic?

And sorry for making you all feel like Mcdonalds.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
In creative arts the word gets thrown around so often and so freely that it's lost all the meaning it once had.

danal353

HSC
maybe, in terms of the other person, but i think people become surprised at the intensity of their emotions...

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Do you think the media has warped the concept of 'love' so strongly, that when we finally fall into it, it's quite anticlimactic?

And sorry for making you all feel like Mcdonalds.
yes.

it's like a big mac.

'you must have the so and so for it to be love'

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
um, no. there is a difference between having an idea of the concept of love, or feeling platonic love, and actually being romantically in love.

the media can't change basic human emotions, ok?

evil_kitten

HSC
I don't think the media has really warped it. Just in most teenage opinions "love" is really generally liking someone. Now that's fucked. If you "love" someone as soon as you meet or start dating them, then what do you call it when your actually in love?
I'm not sure if the media is to blame, but generalisation of raw human emotion really is stupid.

anyscope

HSC
um, no. there is a difference between having an idea of the concept of love, or feeling platonic love, and actually being romantically in love.

the media can't change basic human emotions, ok?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm not accusing the media of changing our emotions, I'm accusing them of glorifying love.

But now that I look at it, my question was quite vague.

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
You can't "glorify" love. It's amazing and overwhelming when you feel it, even for cold hearted bitches like me. If you think that, you definately haven't experienced real love.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
You can't "glorify" love. It's amazing and overwhelming when you feel it, even for cold hearted bitches like me. If you think that, you definately haven't experienced real love.

exactly. the reason why love is such a coveted thing is because it feels so good.

you cannot glorify a feeling. you can glorify a situation or a story or an ideal, but not a raw emotion.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I think the word "love" just has too many meanings in the English language!
As for media interference, I think it does have an influence, but media is everywhere in this day and age so you just have to keep true to your own opinions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)