• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

independent exam (1 Viewer)

Kaatie

HSC
anyone doing the independent exam?

if so thoughts? which essays did you choose etc...

gurmies

Drover
HSC
We did a variation of the independent exam. Multiple choice and 2 short answer questions were taken from there. Also the extended responses were changed around such that CAD and Macroeconomic policy were in the same question =[

I got 19/20 for MC, 37/40 SA, 19/20 Macro Essay and....14/20 for the stupid protection essay (it was either that or case study which I did not touch). Overall - 89/100

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Well done! I got 88/100 (on a slightly varied exam, got 17/20 for the protection essay - what a surprise question!)
I answered that question awfully =[ I wrote essay plans for macroeconomic policy and CAD and as the irony of fate would have it, they were in the same question =[ Nonetheless, that just gives me a focal point for study =]

Well done on your result :)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Wow, you aced short answer questions as well as both essays! Don't worry about MC, it's very easy to fix - just practise as many as you can =] Have you started studying for economics (or anything else)? I haven't yet =[

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Aw, thanks :p I was surprised that I got 38/40 for my SAs because I usually get 34/40 or around there. But it was the multis this time that dragged me down (I usually get 17-20) :( But yup, I've been practising my multis! There's about 50+ in Bulmer's book! And yup, I've been studying for Economics too. Just finished studying Topic 4 and am now revising over Core Topic 2. You should get a move on!
Btw, it seems like we do similar subjects :D
Blegh, just can't find the motivation after trials =[ I shall start though - perhaps today! Yeah, we do quite similar subjects :) What school are you at?

P.T.F.E

HSC
I would look over MC, some of the answers produced by the independent solutions were wrong, so if ur teacher just marked them without checkin u may be eligible for more marks =)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I would look over MC, some of the answers produced by the independent solutions were wrong, so if ur teacher just marked them without checkin u may be eligible for more marks =)
Which ones in particular? I only got one wrong, so 1/20 shot at one more mark xD

BOSSSSS

HSC
does anyone have the answers for the 2008 independent?

parisa'

HSC
hey, would someone please be able to upload the 2009 independent exam.

thankz. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)