• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Inebriated consent, rape or not rape? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Xayma said:
Although if both parties are drunk, you would have to show who initiated the sexual act, since both parties would then not be of sound mind to issue consent.

even though the law is neutral - in this regard it will always see rape as a crime against women

they changed it to sexual assualt to de-sexify the crime but still

and in the past- a guy getting an erection was seen in law to give consent- i dunno if thats the thing now

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
even though the law is neutral - in this regard it will always see rape as a crime against women

they changed it to sexual assualt to de-sexify the crime but still

and in the past- a guy getting an erection was seen in law to give consent- i dunno if thats the thing now
I can't see how they could consider an erection equivalent to giving consent given that an erection may occur due to physical stimulation without mental effort.

I don't see how it could be legally intepreted as it will always be seen as a crime against women. When both parties are drunk I doubt any case would be heard, while if the male was drunk (and female sober) I see no reason why a jury wouldn't find a female guilty of rape under the act.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
malkin86 said:
Serius, if a young girl today has the responsiblity to learn how to protect herself in these circumstances, does not a young boy today have the responsibility to respect women enough not to have sex with them when they're vulnerable / to doublecheck that she actually wants it, and hasn't changed her mind?
yeh man like i said before:
Serius said:
morally the male is at fault because he has a respsonability to assess the situation and make sure that its something the woman wants - even if the male only does this to avoid being accussed of rape afterwards.
so the male definetely has the responsability [ or whoever is most sober to cover a broader range of situations] to ensure that the drunk partner actually wants it. I cant emphasise this enough... the problem is that because of the way society is, alot of males choose to ignore this responsability as they would prefer to look out for themselves and do what gets them the most pleasure, and any1 else who gets in their way can fuck off sort of attitude.

even if the male doesnt do this for moral reasons, its the smart action to take cause it avoids sexual assult charges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)