• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Interview advice (1 Viewer)

soso

HSC
N/A
Now that interviews are over for admissions, tell us what you were asked or what you found out. It will help us next year and not intefere with your application.

I found a good book on portfolio prep and the interview. It is called Portfolio Preparation for the creative arts. go to www.aaart.tv and look in the whats new box for the link. I believe it will be sold at the Museum for Contemporary Art from Jan 2004.

In the mean time how about a little help you guys?

jaNetix

i went to uws and sydney...uws was very relaxed. they looked at my stuff for a while, and thru my portfolio and vapd..one lady said she was impressed...asked abt my influences..and technique...and told me abt the course a bit...took 20 mins. they asked me if i got into artXpress..sadly no....extremley nice ppl

sydney was alot more formal in its setting. they had a little meeting first then split us up in groups of 5. then we were called into a room with only 2 lecturers (uws had 4 ppl) again they looked at my canvas stuff...commented on how much they really liked one of them...again influnces...how'd u find out abt us....really nice...took 10 mins

dont be scared...be well prepared ..i spent $50 on a portfolio..put my 1st in art awards and art reports in there...along with a essay and all my work....i feel confident.....so ill jus see what happens...

soso

HSC
N/A
Thanx Heaps.

This is really useful.

Did anyone interview for the National Art School or Cofa?

I'd like to know how each place is different.

With thanx

guy

HSC
i got an offer already for fine arts at sydney uni, and the interview went really well. we started off talking about my favourite artists, then they looked at my gear and i talked about what i want to do in the future (video clips and stuff) and then we talked about my favourite movies, guitar, the band i'm in and all whacky art sorta related stuff like that. they also really liked my drawings and one animation. but i think i shook the ladies hand too hard, and i got nominated for art express. i knew when i walked out that i probably would get an offer, and now i think i'll go (or defer atleast)

and cofa dosn't have interviews, completely uai

jaNetix

ive completley taken sydney uni out of my pref's.
it would be too hard spending heaps of time doin practical stuff there coz i live like an hr away..and train...too long

so fingers crossed 4 uws

when did u find out u got accepted??

guy

HSC
on the internet on the day we had to finish our preferences, i checked my preliminary offers and it was there
then i got a letter the next day
its like an hours trip for me but my sisters best friend just finished the course and she loved it, plus it is a pretty good looking place (used to be a insane asylum) and has lots of grass.

shrutz

Originally posted by soso

Did anyone interview for the National Art School or Cofa?

National art school is Tafe!
its easier to get into!

y do the hsc intensive course??
if u did that, then a lot easier to get in at the art school, coz they already know you are capable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)