• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IP Help and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
flipsyde don't stress... it doesn't matter what your teacher thinks, screw her.. ultimately it comes down to the BOS markers.
I'm in such a flurry.. god, we had progressive marking which was sweet, I did well..but now I have 4 reviews to edit and polish, then my History Ext due week 2 next term, my English MW due just after that.. oh oh and don't forget trials! EEEEEk Kill me now:>

Candypants

I finished my monologue (final draft) a few weeks ago and am practising it once a day. But so can't be bothered.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
IP help

hey all we are having a perfomrance night on tuesday for our IP's and I havent done any movement for mine yet and I really need some help with it.. its Joam of Arc and I will email it to peoplewho think they can help me with it but I am desperate so plz add me to msn or pm me plz
thankyou
flip :p

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
everyone in our class is doing performance (under "direction" from our "teacher")... my opinion is that we're all pretty behind, coz i know i'm feeling was past it, but i'm probably one of the most organised and prepared people in my class thus far. by that i mean i've got my monologue and have learned about 2 minutes of it... oh well, i'm sure we'll all get there... eventually
:eek:

i_am_carly

HSC
Help

Hey. I'm doing script writing for my IP and I've written a whole script. But now I can't remember how long it's supposed to go for! Does anyone have any idea?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i_am_carly said:
Hey. I'm doing script writing for my IP and I've written a whole script. But now I can't remember how long it's supposed to go for! Does anyone have any idea?
Not sure, sorry. But if you check out the syllabus on the board of studies website it should be all there

i_am_carly

HSC
Thanks

After I wrote my last mesage, I'm like 'Der! The BOS website!', so I looked there and figured it out. But thanks for your help...

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
green_appletini said:
Yeh i'm using sound, but it's for like 1 second. What did you wanna ask about it?:)
I was just wondering if anyone is going to use a bit of sound in theirs....seeing as the board goes on and on and on about limited sound and lighting. I'm thinking of using a recorded voice asking questions:

"What is your name?"
"I wish I'd gotton your case earlier...how old are you?"
"Why have you got boys clothes?"

My teacher says that it flows without the V.O. (that's how I did the assessment), however I'm thinking that maybe it could make it a more complete performance, add that little bit more... :(

I haven't touched my IP since my progress assessment. I'm changing the end of my second character (I play two characters in my monologue!!!!) but it's all memorised, costume ready, I'll have to bake a cake...

I always ALWAYS have food in my monologues...onstage...its like a good luck charm. lol.

Here's a snippet from my monologue:
"Oh Francis turned out alright. *Pause* It's not my fault, I didn't listen to anythin they taught me in school, something about equal sides of an isosceles triangle and what not..."

Cracks me up every time.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Well, here's my finished flyer... (I slashed out the text) thoughts etc? :)

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
....*going to diiiiee*...

Skillo said:
I haven't touched my IP since my progress assessment. I'm changing the end of my second character (I play two characters in my monologue!!!!) but it's all memorised, costume ready, I'll have to bake a cake...

I'm starting to panic now......
I've re-scripted my IP Performance many times but STILL can't the beginning right...

On top of that i had my Art BOW..........Ext 2 BOW............S+C PIP...........Photography MW.......... :uhoh:

HSC
Skillo said:
I was just wondering if anyone is going to use a bit of sound in theirs....seeing as the board goes on and on and on about limited sound and lighting.
Hi skillo!
That snippet from your monologue sounds cool, keep it up:)!
Um, what do you do with that voiceover exactly? DO you respond to it? Or is it there to create atmosphere or what? Cos if your teacher says it flows without it, then maybe it's best u don't have it.

And ok, i KNOW the board keeps saying, minimal props rah rah rah, but it all comes down to the actor. I mean, if you're superbly good and literally is the best actor, they wont' be like "ok, that sound was bloody unnecessary and stupid, i'll give u a lower mark". Though if the sound does stuff up, it's inevitable that they sort of have to mark probably lower cos it ruined the performance.

do let me know what your decision is:)

-marilia-

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Fire_Hydra said:
I'm starting to panic now......
I've re-scripted my IP Performance many times but STILL can't the beginning right...

On top of that i had my Art BOW..........Ext 2 BOW............S+C PIP...........Photography MW.......... :uhoh:
So know the Art BOW thing! Less than a month and a half to go! Shiiiiiiite! To make it worse, my dad is a Head Teacher of Visual Arts at another school, so whenever I come home from school its always:
'Hi Kate. How was your day? Do you major work.' *walks off*

It's soo ffffing annoying.

GreenAppletini - With the voiceover...I would respond to it...
V.O. State Your name:
Francis: My name is Francis.
V.O. Pity I didn't get your case earlier...how old are you francis?
Francis: I'm nineteen...
blah blah for about 1.5mins...then
V.O. why have you got boys clothing?
Francis: Thats the way my parents dressed me...blah blah blah for another 5 mins.

Still deciding...!

GP assessment for my class on wednesday...GAH!

HSC
Hi Skillo~

Hmmm, from that bit you just showed me, i personally think it'll work without it. Cos if you use the voiceover, how will u break away from it when you say "that's the way my parents dressed me blah blah"? When you answer the questions from the voiceover, you are responding to the sound right? So that might make the audience-actor relationship unclear cos u start off answering the voice, then you go on for 5minutes and will u be interacting with the audience?

Sorry i'm being annoying, but my teacher said the examiners are keen to look at who the audience are in a performance piece. (took me 6 months to work out who my audience was cos it was so abstract, arrgh) So you might want to keep that in mind?

Let me know how it goes:)

-marilia- xoxo

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Skillo said:
So know the Art BOW thing! Less than a month and a half to go! Shiiiiiiite! To make it worse, my dad is a Head Teacher of Visual Arts at another school, so whenever I come home from school its always:
'Hi Kate. How was your day? Do you major work.' *walks off*

It's soo ffffing annoying.

GP assessment for my class on wednesday...GAH!

man........don't even get me started on Art B.O.W.................it's way too irritating...

having a dad who is Head of VA would suck if you wanted to bludge (not that there's time for that now.......). My major work's just so repetitive.......oh so irriatating.......

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Fire_Hydra said:
having a dad who is Head of VA would suck if you wanted to bludge (not that there's time for that now.......). My major work's just so repetitive.......oh so irriatating.......
Yeah. It's is hell in a jar.

So that might make the audience-actor relationship unclear cos u start off answering the voice, then you go on for 5minutes and will u be interacting with the audience?

Such an excellent point! Thanks. Yeah. I'm going with no voiceover for our parents performance next week now! :eek:

HSC
hey skillo!

good luck with your perf. :)
i haven't practised mine for like 2months nearly...cos i'm in the middle of trials now! *sobsob*

-marilia- xoxo

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Shit! Trials!

*gets up from laptop desk to run over to finish modern summary and whacks head on door thus lies unconscious for several hours after which she gets tim tams to flood her depression over looming exams*

;)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Tim-Tams! Mmmm! Chocolate helps. It makes everything feel a tiny bit better.
My IP is completed, I am happy to say. All signed, sealed, but not delivered yet. Well, I still have to finish my rationale which is shitting me so much! Grrr! I've done about 10 friggin drafts of the rationale and they all suck, so I really have no idea what my teacher and the BOS want! :(

Good luck everyone for the next few weeks in getting MW's completed and prac trials (and the other icky trials)! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)