• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

iPod Touch (1 Viewer)

*rUsTy*

HSC
Anyone have one? I haven't been a fan of the iPod until now, this one actually looks pretty cool. Can anyone reccomend it or give me a reason not to get one?

dey-tuk-re-jobz

cute mc-Cat-ney
HSC
Dan, open Installer on your iPhone and install openttd.

Thank me later.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I'm posting using mine right now. I love it's fluid controls. I find it so difficult to use the traditional iPods now. It feels weird to use a wheel to scroll through a menu and a button to select when I am used to just pointing at what I want and it's done. But honestly with the iPhone release in aus so very close it makes little sense to settle for the iPod touch. The only thing I don't like about mine is that I have to find another pocket to keep it in. I am strongly considering getting an iPhone to reduce the number of devices I need to carry. Assuming, of course, that the price is right.

The screen is absolutely fantastic though. I love watching movies on it, and I do so frequently while waiting for a train or something like that. The wifi is great too but I can't use it at uni because of the software.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
BUMP!

so i might be getting a current gen 32gb ipod touch as a late bday present from an uncle, and i have some questions.

i'll be using it as an ipod for probably 70% of the time, travelling to and from uni, so like 2.5hrs a day, and the rest of the time maybe using wifi or playing some game.
the reason i want a touch is to replace my classic (hold button doesnt work, so it stays on at times, battery wastes, gets annoying), but i'll also occasionally play some games on it and occasionally use its wifi.

what's the functionality like when using it as a music player?
how often do u charge it? (i wont necessarily be using wifi/games everyday, most days i'll probably only use it for music).
how quicker does it drain when ur using wifi/playing a game?

xMaNx

HSC
what's the functionality like when using it as a music player?
It's bloody brilliant, easy to navigate, select and play whats needed, and handy having the cover flow, if you sort them out by album, and creating playlists is also awesome.

how often do u charge it? (i wont necessarily be using wifi/games everyday, most days i'll probably only use it for music).

if just music, i'd say it'll last you 2-3 days easy, but just some games, i'd say about 2 at the minimum.

how quicker does it drain when ur using wifi/playing a game?

not that much, wifi on average lasts me about 6-10 hours, of regular use (no I dont use it for 10 hours straight, total use of 6-10 hours), hoever games seem to be a little less, about 5-8 hours i'm assuming, not a fan of games that much.
All in all, it's brillian, however a new version might be out in a few months, so maybe you should wait?

btw, I have iPhone, not iTouch

xMaNx

HSC
Should be around september, they seem to have one at the same time each year.

Edit: Or they might have the same thing, in a different design and just a newer firmware version, which is available anyway to older models.

but if it's anything like the iPhone one, then idk, maybe everything might not be supported? idk, cant help too much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)