• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
hmmm. i'm not sure what i should set my equaliser to. i played around with the settings the other day, and decided the songs generally sound better with treble booster - so that's what i've got now.
latin is also pretty good

Collin

HSC
N/A
Argh. (Slightly unrelated to the iPOD device itself) but I generally hate the default equalizer settings for any player. If the song isn't 'encrypted' bass-crazily (unlike some R&B songs), I set bass to high, midrange to low and treble to high (attachment). I generally never have the midrange section high or the treble section low (or both together).. cause then it sounds like an old radio. I find that tuning the equilizer like this can really improve the quality of the audio experience.. the more crap the player, the higher I tend to keep the treble and bass, and the lower I tend to keep the midrange section.

If you have crap headphones, or just the normal earphones.. then definitely keep the bass down to average and the treble slightly lower.. or else it will distort things.

If there's an iPOD out there with a custom equilizer function, I'd get it right now.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i'm sick of the apple headphones.

i'm thinking of getting a pair of sennheiser MX450. they say MX450 and MX400 have the same sound quality - is that true?
or should i get the MX500? it's only $7 extra

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
i'm sick of the apple headphones.

i'm thinking of getting a pair of sennheiser MX450. they say MX450 and MX400 have the same sound quality - is that true?
or should i get the MX500? it's only $7 extra
Yeah, both of those are pretty cool, not sure which is better though from memory. I just use cheap ~$20 Sony ones, which are fine for my use.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
y'all should try out the $75 sony mdr-ex51lps, they are awesome, fan-fucking-tastic bass and it blocks out a lot of noise around you too

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
BreaKing said:
y'all should try out the $75 sony mdr-ex51lps, they are awesome, fan-fucking-tastic bass and it blocks out a lot of noise around you too
mm I agree, I have a pair of MDREX71SL's, best earphones ever (although a new pair has been released at $129, they look awesome too)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Annegelic said:
the ones that came w/ the ipod lmao.
i would never spend $75 on headphones alone.. =/
if you're gonna spend $500 on an ipod, you should get some good quality earphones. trust me, it's like ur listening to a whole new song

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I just got Sennheiser PX40 Headphones....maybe I should've gotten more expensive ones... I was going to get Sennheiser MX500 Headphones but they didn't have them.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
BreaKing said:
if you're gonna spend $500 on an ipod, you should get some good quality earphones. trust me, it's like ur listening to a whole new song
lol i'm not that picky with my music, sounds all good to me w/ what i've got atm.
unless those $75 ones are like.. jewel-encrusted or some crap..

tempco

HSC
Earphones do make a difference... I've got a pair of $50 Sony earphones, and they didn't live up to my expectations though :/

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Annegelic said:
lol i'm not that picky with my music, sounds all good to me w/ what i've got atm.
unless those $75 ones are like.. jewel-encrusted or some crap..
they are not really anything like the ipod earphones

theres a pic

they have these removable silicon inserts that fit right in ur ear..... blocks out most of the noise around you..... excellent on trains etc...
also provides WAY better sound quality than regular earphones

minai knows what i'm talking about :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)