• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Starrzz

HSC
I dont have the question here but apparently you were only meant to colour the part where the two arks met. Remember you had to make 6cm arks for that question?
The watch tower question?How there's point A and B, and they can only see up to a certain distance (6cm in drawing) and yeah. That question was a breeze.

The only thing I actually left out was the equation of the cube, last question of the paper. Anyone know the answer?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The watch tower question?How there's point A and B, and they can only see up to a certain distance (6cm in drawing) and yeah. That question was a breeze.

The only thing I actually left out was the equation of the cube, last question of the paper. Anyone know the answer?
Yeah it was (n+(n+1)/2)^2 to get the mark you only needed 1^3+2^3...n^3 or something like that.

FTW

HSC
stupid last question.... although i never remember learning that in class in year 7-10 I haven't come across a question like that where the formula hasn't been pretty straightforward. Honestly is that taught in 5.1 maths? oh well..

Also i thought the last mulitchoice questions with the arc was easy, although the one before it owned me because i suck at deductive geometry, but I got it right in the end :)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Non-calculator was nice. It had a few easy questions, some which would challenge a whole lot of people and then ofcourse a question almost nobody could work out.

Its a shame though because last question we had to draw arcs with our protractors and colour where they overlap. Me, atleast one of my friends, and presumably a whole lot of people coloured only the parts the arc didnt reach.:cold:

That question was something about a park where they had lookout stands to watch out for fires and what the range was they could look at.

I dont know if it was just me who noticed (maybe im getting confused lmao) but i found that this years non calculator had more practical questions in it, didnt have as much obscure patterns and weird stuff as i remember previous papers having.
Which q was this, because I did not see any question that had that property in non-calc or calc for this matter.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
its not just 5.1 Maths. They have to include questions in it that will challenge the students that do 5.2 and 5.3 maths

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Which q was this, because I did not see any question that had that property in non-calc or calc for this matter.
The triangle in the sqaure one, second last in non calculator. Most people had to guess it, wasnt that it was too difficult or anything. Just under test conditions and with little time its hard to work out.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well if it was harder than the previous papers, we'll receive better aligning than the previous papers. =)

HSC
Uni Grad
stupid last question.... although i never remember learning that in class in year 7-10 I haven't come across a question like that where the formula hasn't been pretty straightforward. Honestly is that taught in 5.1 maths? oh well..

Also i thought the last mulitchoice questions with the arc was easy, although the one before it owned me because i suck at deductive geometry, but I got it right in the end :)
Well it's 5.1 content, but it's to challenge those who are probably on a higher standard to actually think about the question and apply abstract concepts, since they'd probably loved to surprise people with a thinking question mainly coz school cert was a test of common sense...

lol that one with deductive geometry got me... i actually drew it out to test it for myself... the answer was 45* and i was lucky to have enough time to get it =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)