• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it true that you need a medical certificate, even if you are away the day before a exam, not the day on the exam. (1 Viewer)

Araf.Khan836

HSC
Hi Boys,

Today, When My Teacher saw me during the test, she asked for a medical certificate because I was away the day before the day. She said the other school take these very seriously and She said it's a Nesa Rule. But, in the nesa website, I couldn't really find such information. Even though , My absense was justified in the my student portal which appears as sick leave.

yourlocaliga

HSC
N/A
Yeah you do need a note, or else they think its like unfair you could've spent the day before studying or something like that

waitimgoated

HSC
I think that this is a school policy and not a NESA policy. My school has the same rule and yes, we do have to get a medical certificate for the day before an assignment/test is due. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can buy medical certificates from the chemist now for around $20 if you have to.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
Hi Boys,

Today, When My Teacher saw me during the test, she asked for a medical certificate because I was away the day before the day. She said the other school take these very seriously and She said it's a Nesa Rule. But, in the nesa website, I couldn't really find such information. Even though , My absense was justified in the my student portal which appears as sick leave.
depends on the school. at my school you don’t, at other schools that goes for the entire week before. just check with your school

roseviolett

HSC
check your school's specific assessment policy!
at my school (idk if its different for others), when you submit a misadventure/illness form, you have to give it to a deputy principal and it then goes to the head teacher of whatever faculty you've missed a test in - so ask a deputy or head teacher about it

syllables

HSC
these decisions are internal. your best bet is to talk to to your head of faculty or head of curriculum, or read your school's assessment policy regarding illness/misadventure applications. but generally, it's only for the day that was missed and days before aren't considered. your class teacher would presumably be less informed on such matters since it has nothing to do with NESA and is solely a school-based decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)