• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is my WAM and gpa bad or average or good? (1 Viewer)

zeldaxike

HSC
Well so a friend of mine told me they caulculated their gpa and that.. and I was like WDH is that! So I went on the net and calculated it, but I'm not sure if its crap or good, can someone help me out lol!! Or are they meant to be calculated after the end of both semesters??? im confused..

my gpa ended up to be 5.4 and WAM of 73.

is that good or bad or average?

is it like the UAI or something? and what are they used for..?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

jaimebien

HSC
I can't think in GPA scores, but your WAM is fine. It's a credit average, and it's quite close to a distinction...so, make of that what you will.

hotdimsim

HSC
your gpa is a credit
your wam is a means your average subject score is 73.

I'd say you'd be, more or less, the average uni student with those marks

Doomah

HSC
its better than most people's GPA... top 20%

Dombrovski

HSC
I can help on the Gpa front... kinda...

The GPA is used as, well, an average of your overall results. you find the number for your mark, you combine your subjects, and divide them by the amount of subjects. you can do this at the end of every year, semester, whenever...

Total subject mark
HD=7
DI=6
CR=5
PA=4
F=0

eg; this semester;
SubjectA= CR
SubjectB= DI
SubjectC= CR
SubjectD= HD

5+6+5+7=23

23/4 = 5.75, which is a high credit average,
yours, 5.4; medium credit, ie, not too shabby my good sir/madam

GPA is important for things like scholarships; eg, I have to have a GPA of 5 to keep mine going...
and also for things like honours; at csu, you need a minimum of 5 to apply for a position.
I'm guessing the same would be for graduate medicine, the better GPA etc, the better the chance of scoring a position in there...

GPA accumulates over the years, so every single subject you do counts. one fail can demolish a GPA quite well...

hope that helps :) REALATIVELY, for you, how good yours is depends on your cohort though, if you are doing a really competitive course [and you want to be competitive], then yours probably isnt that good, but if you are surrounded by "oh I only need to pass" people, then it probably isnt that bad...

Last edited:

brad616

HSC
Well so a friend of mine told me they caulculated their gpa and that.. and I was like WDH is that! So I went on the net and calculated it, but I'm not sure if its crap or good, can someone help me out lol!! Or are they meant to be calculated after the end of both semesters??? im confused..

my gpa ended up to be 5.4 and WAM of 73.

is that good or bad or average?

is it like the UAI or something? and what are they used for..?
Average but in my opinion very good!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)