• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Sure, some things it says are scientifically right (eg. embryos develop in stages). But if it was truely a completely accurate book, everything it said in a scientific context should be 100% accurate, which it is not.
i am stressing again that its NOT 100% scientifically correct and alot of stuff is just obsurdly wrong.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
All of what I have typed below is taken directly from that site:

- Angels have low mass
- Angels are made of light
- Since Angels are made of light, the speed Angels travel at is the speed light travels at
- Light is massless, so Angels are massless
- But Angels have low mass, so they must have mass?
- Angels travel at close to the speed of light (note i said close, that mathematics doesnt produce the exact value of light speed, unlike what the author claims)
- Lets introduce mass dilation, something that the author conveniently didnt mention
- I repeat, Angels travel at close to the speed of light, so Angels have an enormous mass, which becomes infinite as they get closer to light speed.

Conclusion: Angels have low mass, no mass and infinitely large mass.

Contradiction, much?

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
depends if divine beings who created the physical world our goverened by it.
Are you governed by the 1's and 0's that make your windows run?

pretend everything that happens in your computer is like oiur 3D world, then u have you sitting with your kb and mouse, like god, in the 4th dimesnion controlling everything :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
depends if divine beings who created the physical world our goverened by it.
Are you governed by the 1's and 0's that make your windows run?

pretend everything that happens in your computer is like oiur 3D world, then u have you sitting with your kb and mouse, like god, in the 4th dimesnion controlling everything :)
But if they use relativity to make an argument, wouldnt it mean that Angels are governed by relativity? Hence the mass argument. If the mass argument isnt valid, then the quaran states only some parts of relativity are valid, which again is a contradiction with what that website claims, that relativity is 'fact'.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
But if they use relativity to make an argument, wouldnt it mean that Angels are governed by relativity? Hence the mass argument. If the mass argument isnt valid, then the quaran states only some parts of relativity are valid, which again is a contradiction with what that website claims, that relativity is 'fact'.
islam got OWNED

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
acmilan said:
i didn't read a single post in this thread except that last one by u, so forgive me if i was out of the ballpark :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Not-That-Bright: Maybe if you took a look at your posts from our shoes, you would realise that almost everything you say is completely retarded. You do not accept any one elses beliefs, nor do you even give them half a chance- you shoot them down with your dark way of thinking, and think that some how without religion in the world, there would be peace. Without religion we would be like the wild animals which freely rape (yes, it happens..) and kill other wild animals, without restriction- most laws are based on religious laws brought up by the abraham based religions, which in turn have finely tuned our moral values which we have in the western world.
Hows bout show me how they are retarded?

Why is the middle east failing? Because they are not following and applying laws and teachings justly.
How do you know what the 'just' application of the law is? Are you, yourself the author of the book? If not - then you cannot know the true meaning of the book.

Again, a retarded response. If you can't figure out for yourself what innocent means, than thank god almighty that you aren't muslim- as we would have another jack ass extremist to deal with on our hands. Only extremists will stretch the meaning of innocence to justify their actions, only extremists need someone to tell them how they should feel about something that is wrong, and only complete fools judge a religion based on the actions and words of an extremist.
How is it retarded? I have highlighted some of the ways in which arguments over the meaning of the koran do occur. Am I an innocent in the war in Iraq if I supported it, sent money/food to support the american troops etc... or am I guilty?

These are not simple questions.

tempco

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Can one muslim in this forum give me one logical reason why they follow Islam.
get over it already. people believe in many things that may not make sense to you, but it does make sense to others. live and let live.

potatoes.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
well to you its never going to be logical
just like the concept of no god is not logical to me
the concept of believeing jesus dies for our sins is not logical to me
the concept of worshipping fire is not logical to me
alot of things are logical to others and vice versa
so shut up
you will never understand
what are your beliefs anyway?....i dont even care...really...you can just believe what you want and i am not going to say a word or call u a dumb fuckign idiot who needs to show me logical reasons why you believes what you believes..etc etc fucking fucked up mentality etc stupid fuckface

no..i just mind my own buisness coz im BETTER THEN THAT.
salalmz..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
soha said:
so shut up
what are your beliefs anyway?....i dont even care...really...you can just believe what you want and i am not going to say a word or call u a dumb fuckign idiot who needs to show me logical reasons why you believes what you believes..etc etc fucking fucked up mentality etc stupid fuckface

salalmz..
Unfortunately 'logic' is not a subjective thing...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
soha said:
so shut up

salalmz..
Exactly, and Islam isn't logical either.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
What he said.

The reason muslims come on this forum and create threads about Islam is because they want to discuss Islam. Doesn't that make sense? Well, because they want to discuss Islam, I asked them that question. The muslims on this forum act as though there religion is so right. They will not accept logical arguments. They in all fact, have no basis for argument in this forum.

So if you can't handle the thought that your religion is completely false, don't read my posts.

Thank you.
ive never made a thread about islam
show me where a muslim has started a thread about islam?
katie tully is not muslim
neither is princess j or generater or terrible speller or anyone who has made a thread about islam on this forum
so no..we dont start thread to discuss our religon and how great we are
i just contribute to them and i dont have to proove anything to anyone..just like you dont have to explain your ideas and ideoligies..ur beliefs and your way of thinking and understanding to anyone
do you?...no you dont

tfiuc

HSC
SashatheMan said:
nice try buddy.

let me first demolish yuor "scientific" view of the quran by pointing out that it contradicts it self

wow quran is so accurate, the day is anywhere between 1000 and 50000 years. And how convinient that 1 day is equal to such a round number, its as if it was made up. but it counts be , could it?
Nice try buddy.

Let me first demolish your exerts which have been pulled out of context, so that it sounds as though it contradicts itself.

The fact is that the translated version uses the word "day" where as in arabic it is infact "ywm " which is used in the quran to describe a period of time, hence the different year count.
Here is a fuller rebuttle:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/my_03.htm

Last edited:

tfiuc

HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Give us one logical reason to believe in any religion (including atheism). There is nothing logical about religion or lack of religion, because we can't prove or disprove the existance of god- which is key to most religions.

Don't give me that "I asked you first" crap either...

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tfiuc said:
Give us one logical reason to believe in any religion (including atheism). There is nothing logical about religion or lack of religion, because we can't prove or disprove the possible existance of god- which is key to most religions.

Don't give me that "I asked you first" crap either...
Exactly, which is why agnosticism is the only reasonable conclusion. Hence I am an agnostic.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
tfiuc said:
Nice try buddy.

Let me first demolish your exerts which have been pulled out of context, so that it sounds as though it contradicts itself.

The fact is that the translated version uses the word "day" where as in arabic it is infact "ywm " which is used in the quran to describe a period of time, hence the different year count.
Here is a fuller rebuttle:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/my_03.htm
Then why did you present a website which is wrong as evidence of the scientific accuracy of the quaran? Also you ignored my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)