• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Laneway Festival 09 (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i heard the basement is air conditioned? does anyone know if that's actually true??

i have no credit but if someone can quickly call 92512797 (basement enquiries) and find out if its air-conditioned will be much appreciated.

ash if it's air-conditioned we can just chill there when we get there?

that's also why i didnt sms back ash, no credit.

the thing is ashton, we don't have seperate tickets.

it's one barcode for the both of us.

and the timetable has changed, hermitude start at 2 now and i really want to see them....

so what's a good compromise?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Dorian Concept - Fulgeance Chico (Remix):
zSHARE - Dorian Concept - Fulgeance Chico _Remix_.mp3

Buraka Soul Sistema - Luanda Lisboa:
zSHARE - BURAKA SOM SISTEMA - Luanda Lisboa.mp3

The Drones - Shark Fin Blues:
zSHARE - The Drones - Shark Fin Blues.mp3

The Hold Steady - Slapped Actress:
zSHARE - The Hold Steady - Slapped Actress.mp3

Architecture In Helsinki - That Beep:
zSHARE - Architecture In Helsinki - That Beep.mp3

Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart:
zSHARE - Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart.mp3

Spiral Stairs - Gluesquare Companions:
zSHARE - Spiral Stairs - Gluesquare Companions.mp3

Stereolab - Spark Plug:
zSHARE - Stereolab - Spark Plug.mp3

Rusko - Cockney Thug:
zSHARE - Rusko - Cockney Thug.mp3

Rusko - To Da Floor:
zSHARE - Rusko - To Da Floor.mp3

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
started off mad boring but got so good towards the end

hermitude - I expected some raw hip-hop beats but all i got was sum shit that wasn't that good...probably got better when i left though.

papa vs pretty - sounded pretty shit, the lead singer looks 10

yves klein blue - 'polka' got the crowd going, apart from that i was bored as i was last time i saw them.

tame impala - i've gotten into them more since seeing them a couple of times before....i like their stuff...well some of it....awesome cover of 'remember me' and yeh left after that.

dorian concept - was pretty good, would have been better if i was up the front and dancing but wasn't really in mood as still bit sick

rusko - WAKE THE FUCK UPPPPPPP....loved it....did a mad dubstep remix of 'day n nite' by kid cudi and 'breathe' by the prodigy...'cockney thug' was awesome.

stereolab - sounded shit fuck them

four tet - wasn't in the mood for it but sounded good.

tim fite - ........ ....... . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . what kind of drugs does this guy take? one of the most entertaining/wierdest things i have ever seen. deeper into the set the songs were actually not THAT bad....one of the singer came into the crowd and got on one knee and serenaded ruby...and then serenaded ashton and then tried to give him a blowjob....for real :confused:

at the start 'sexy leroy' :confused: tied a rope around the front of the crowd.... :confused: and the lead singer was like 'when sexy leroy pulls this rope just go with it just fucking go with it!!' but i never saw 'sexy leroy' pull the rope.

then like the final song the guy, tim fite, was like 'ok guys i want you all to build a forest in this venue....were all gonna plant trees now c'mon' and then made the whole crowd do some wierd hand thing where we wiggle our fingers and pretend we are growing trees :confused::confused::confused:

lol he also mentioned jadakiss (a rapper) in one of his lyrics, i lol'd.

fucking weird cunt....but i enjoyed it....strangely enough...

buraka som sistema - oh, i feel absolutely in love with their music a few days ago...but unfortunately i only caught 2 or 3 tracks....the MC looked so cool and he kept shouting out 'african raveeee woooo' lol. left to find ash and ruby who were at AIH

architecture in helsinki - listened in the background sorta while i tried to find ruby and ash, got there during the end of 'that beep' sounded decent live.....ive seen 'heart it races' live before and its awesome....but once they started we knew we had to leave to get a good spot for girl talk

girl talk - what a fucking party should be. seriously, he is so damn good at making fun. sooooo goood. he made kelly clarkson pretty much one of the highlights of the night.....awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome. i want to own him and have him playing in my room everynight. what i don't like though is stupid dumb stupid fuck bitches who want to get close to the stage and yet DONT MOVE...c'mon don't be shy just fucking jump around and have fun....if you're going to just stand there and get pissed off when other people wanna jump around then STAY UP THE FUCKING BACK....same with tall guys who just stand there...fuck off at least have fun if your going to have your hair in my face, which i don't mind, as long as your moving constantly.

parties in alleyways are awesome.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hahahaha forgot to mentioned tim fite also gave the crowd an eye exam

he made us cover our left eyes and read out (on a projector) the letters that appeared, one of the slides was a typical eye exam that an eye doctor gives you...and he made the crowd shout out the letters as he pointed to them..

wut

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i love how slags just expect you to move aside for them so that they can push their way to the front (only to come back like 15mins later anyway). The crowd were pretty shit for girl talk until he started but its not like i wasn't expecting that. I left AIH 15mins early to get a decent spot. It was worth it too, I had such a good fucking time dancing and rapping and singing. It just made me wish he could DJ my parties, hah. Pretty impressed with the mix, disappointed he didnt use the ludacris rap at the start of night ripper nor did he drop low but juicy was there and he used single ladies so i was pretty happy.

Standout for me of the day was Port O Brien though. I was so surprised at the lineup to get into the basement! it was 50minutes before they started and the line was all the way back to the fence up near the park stage. It was worth the wait. They managed to get such a big sound and the room was packed. They asked the whole crowd to sing happy birthday for a friend who was back home and they finished with "I woke up today" getting the crowd to sing for it which was just amazing. So loud and people were up on stage with tambourines and keys and playing the drumkit together all at one and everyone in the crowd was stamping their feet to make noise it was just really great.

Stayed in the basement to see Holly Throsby who I don't even like but I was with some friends who were mad keen on her. I'm not exactly going to rush out and buy her cd but she was pleasant and her band were extremely talented. She has this amazing drummer/multi percussionist who was just fantastic and she played drums/casitone/drum pad/piano accordian/tambourine so I was fairly impressed. Disappointed I missed Fourtet but he was in the basement for POB just chilling for a while which was cool.

El Guincho was so much fun. All of the songs sounded pretty much exactly the same to me hah but it was so much fun dancing to the sick spanish carnivale vibe. nice to relax a bit in any case and the crowd seemed to be into it. there was this girl being taught the cha cha in front of us by her friends and there were people on loungechairs who looked like they needed cocktails and one of the guitarists of POB was dancing around and playing soccer with the red bull cans on the ground - it was a sweet vibe.

I didn't really bother with AIH because I think their new sound is terrible but I am disappointed I didn't go and see more of them because they sounded great! everyone looked like they were having a mad time on stage and brass sounded awesome.

All in all I had a really enjoyable day, the vibe at Laneway is always chilled and nice and we ran into some hilarious people. It was my third year and I would happily keep going despite the lineup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)