• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Last Minute Study Techniques... (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Ok, I suck at maths simply b/c I have nooooo idea how to study for it.
I know as much as you don't just do heaps of questions...but I'm stuck in a studying rut and need a little inspiration from you all, on your maths study techniques...

thanks.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
revise ur weakest topics, and then do past papers to assess ur knowledge, woteva u get wrong, go back ova that topic again, and so on...

steverulz55

HSC
MissMacbeth said:
Ok, I suck at maths simply b/c I have nooooo idea how to study for it.
I know as much as you don't just do heaps of questions...but I'm stuck in a studying rut and need a little inspiration from you all, on your maths study techniques...

thanks.
how do you study for maths? i dont.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
congartulations ahmed, u hav 2 posts in ur bos career and the onli word u hav said is practice, welcome 2 the family.....

Ava

HSC
I havent even started studying for maths - I'm stuck in a rut with ancient history.

I'm a last minute kind of person anyway, if I revise early I forget things....I have an awful memory. I usually go through the fitzpatrick books and make sure I know all the topics - I hardley do any questions in the exercise book though. I just check off every topic and revise the ones I forgot, then I put everything away and do past papers.

I hope a week is going to be enough to study for 2u and 3u maths because thats the amount of time I've put aside in my mental timetable.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just read through my (3) 128 page Math workbooks, and try to understand what I wrote... Binominal Theorem... *Shudder*.

Try out some past papers, especially last year's one, the projectile question... *shudder*.

We're all gonna die!

mishka

HSC
N/A
i hate projectile motion.... probably because i don't understand physics.

i used to hate parametrics but i got full marks on the question in my trial, so it's now amongst my better 3u topics! :)

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
revise ur weakest topics, and then do past papers to assess ur knowledge, woteva u get wrong, go back ova that topic again, and so on...
That's what i do

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I dropped physics only to have it come back at me with a vengeance in maths?

derek_

HSC
instead of doing the ol' past papers , i just revise topic by topic

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Practice past exam/trial q from topics u arent confident with AND consult with solutions to those questions, pointless doing them question wrongly, or using a horribly inefficient method over and over again.

But most imprtantly sleep well before the exam...

what you couldnt do in 3 weeks of stuvac, u couldnt possibly make up in 1 or 2 late nights... freaking out with a fresh brain is alot better than freaking out with a dead brain

jimmik

HSC
Ava said:
I havent even started studying for maths - I'm stuck in a rut with ancient history.

I'm a last minute kind of person anyway, if I revise early I forget things....I have an awful memory. I usually go through the fitzpatrick books and make sure I know all the topics - I hardley do any questions in the exercise book though. I just check off every topic and revise the ones I forgot, then I put everything away and do past papers.

I hope a week is going to be enough to study for 2u and 3u maths because thats the amount of time I've put aside in my mental timetable.
lol, u sound like ME and im a four unit person! ahahha. my im so bad...terrible memory problems..and i havent touched ancient, im leaving that til afta the exam before the ancient one. i hav like 6 days or sumfin to cram. why study now? hmm on second thoughts with all those essays maybe it is gud to cram now..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)