• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

LAW114 Jurisprudence.... (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
That was a boring first lecture by that Indian lady, so boring, very ahrd to concentrate, just on and on, like reading a book........ 2nd one was abit interesting.......but the best was the catered food and drinks, ashame it was too crowded.

So many excited 1st years, so few transfers, where did u disappear to PwarYeux?, I dont think u went to the tute (W6B325).

BTW i was wearing a red polo shirt and blue jeans.... sitting on a milk crate for 30 min waiting for time to fly by while those two girls in pinked talked on and on and on.....

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
That was a boring first lecture by that Indian lady, so boring, very ahrd to concentrate, just on and on, like reading a book........ 2nd one was abit interesting.......but the best was the catered food and drinks, ashame it was too crowded.

So many excited 1st years, so few transfers, where did u disappear to PwarYeux?, I dont think u went to the tute (W6B325).

BTW i was wearing a red polo shirt and blue jeans.... sitting on a milk crate for 30 min waiting for time to fly by while those two girls in pinked talked on and on and on.....
Did u meet the good MULS people?

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:

Yeah, that Indian chick was the worst lecturer I've ever encounted. I'm going to write her an anonymous letter:
1. Don't fucking read your notes. If I wanted boring, I'd read a book.
2. Don't use terms you haven't defined. How are first years supposed to know what 'normative', 'relativism', and 'discourse' mean?
3. Don't try to sound smart, you just sound stupid. Explain everything.
4. Stop trying to be so PC -- we get it, you're sensitive, stop saying 'primitive - in quotation marks - people were thought - incorrectly - to have no law'.

Also, I didn't see you tabris.... :(

monique66

Tabris said:

I went to that tute today...even though it wasn't my real tute (my real tute got moved which I later found out) I was one of the girls that walked in late wearing a purple shirt and jeans. I don't remember seeing you there though :confused:

X

xeuyrawp

damnation said:
I went to that tute today...even though it wasn't my real tute (my real tute got moved which I later found out) I was one of the girls that walked in late wearing a purple shirt and jeans. I don't remember seeing you there though :confused:
Noone ever gives me a good hello, either. :(

monique66

PwarYuex said:
Noone ever gives me a good hello, either. :(
I looked for you! But there was a swarm of law students and I'm very short :eek: I was in the second back row in the lecture and I had to keep tilting my head to see the lecturer because the guy in front of me was too tall :(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnation said:
I looked for you! But there was a swarm of law students and I'm very short :eek: I was in the second back row in the lecture and I had to keep tilting my head to see the lecturer because the guy in front of me was too tall :(
o rly??
Hmm i was sitting towards the back too...but on the side.

I didn't mind Archana too much, although the second guy is much better.

After one lecture, I realise Jurisprudence looks like the biggest load of bullshit, alas, it must be done...and im very thankful they let me in the quota. Although it seems that there a fair few students who are part of that quota, my tute today at 11 had a few.

monique66

Supra said:
o rly??
Hmm i was sitting towards the back too...but on the side.

I didn't mind Archana too much, although the second guy is much better.

After one lecture, I realise Jurisprudence looks like the biggest load of bullshit, alas, it must be done...and im very thankful they let me in the quota. Although it seems that there a fair few students who are part of that quota, my tute today at 11 had a few.
I thought you did second year law for some reason, what were you wearing? I don't know if I'll remember but I'll give my memory a shot...

Btw who's coming to law camp? I'm so going! :D

sly fly

HSC
Yeah, the first lady was just reading her notes which was annoying. The second guy, however, was really good imo. He hardly read his notes, was able to engage the audience and had a good 'speaking voice'......oh and he was able to reduce the amount of boredom that's usually associated with the history of common law > a difficult skill to master ;)

btw, how cool were those law bags! they look so un-cheap :D

X

xeuyrawp

sly fly said:
Yeah, the first lady was just reading her notes which was annoying. The second guy, however, was really good imo. He hardly read his notes, was able to engage the audience and had a good 'speaking voice'......oh and he was able to reduce the amount of boredom that's usually associated with the history of common law > a difficult skill to master ;)

btw, how cool were those law bags! they look so un-cheap :D
I liked his really lame jokes, as well. I can relate to bad humour, it makes me feel wanted.

I hope Parschanaana Bananapanaban suddendly gets deported or something. That would make my day.

Which tutes are everyone in?

sly fly

HSC
^LOL yeah I love lame jokes too.....it makes me feel like I'm not the only one :p

I'm in the wednesday law tute from 4-6....how bout everyone else?

Oh and I really liked the dean...she was such a typical head mistress lol...only she was nice :d

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnation said:
I thought you did second year law for some reason, what were you wearing? I don't know if I'll remember but I'll give my memory a shot...

Btw who's coming to law camp? I'm so going! :D
hmm that's probably because I'm in second year, doing First year law units...I did actuarial studies in first year, but after one year i wanted to do law, so here I am...

I was wearing a blue long sleeve t shirt thingy, but the forearms part looks completely different, as if they cut it from a shirt...hard to describe...

You guys are so mean to Archana :(:p I guess I'm a bit sympathetic only because she's my tutor and a fellow Indian :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I hope Parschanaana Bananapanaban suddendly gets deported or something. That would make my day.
Ouch. Kinda harsh. lol.

I was never a fan of Archana...but feminist types that had her for discrimination and family (when she used to take it) raved about how good she was. I never got it. *shrugs*

Who else is taking Juris these days?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I agree with G2G; Rob dont be so closed minded and racist. Sure, she might be hard to understand at times, but she really, really knows her shit. Probably more than you will ever know.

She was my tutor for juris too. Sometimes she'd say something and we'd sit there in silence. Then someone would finally ask "was that a quesiton, or a comment?" - and she always laughed. She's great in a small group as opposed to the lecture format, and shes very personable and easy to get along with.

Is that Denise lady still a lecturer too? I personally found her worse than Archana. Mind you, you'll catch on pretty quickly that while ilecture is your friend, its not nearly as friendly as your notes :D (I never listened to the lectures. Just hope you have a great tutor to get you through it).

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
I agree with G2G; Rob dont be so closed minded and racist. Sure, she might be hard to understand at times, but she really, really knows her shit. Probably more than you will ever know.
I'm sorry, but can you tell me why you're being such a bitch lately? You didn't even stop to say hello the two times I said hello to you last week.

Also, If you think that parodying of names and jokes about deportion are harsh forms racism, you might want to walk out into the real world. By that definition, I've had a lot of racist attacks against me. :)

Secondly, I never claimed I know more than her. I said that she's a bad lecturer, and if you think otherwise, you've got a warped sense of how to teach. I really don't think knowing equates to being a good lecturer, do you?

She was my tutor for juris too. Sometimes she'd say something and we'd sit there in silence. Then someone would finally ask "was that a quesiton, or a comment?"
Wow, great teacher! Sounds like everyone totally understands her! :rolleyes:

Is that Denise lady still a lecturer too?
She said she's doing one or two lectures.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I'm sorry, but can you tell me why you're being such a bitch lately? You didn't even stop to say hello the two times I said hello to you last week.
Only a bitch would actually bring up how cut because someone didn't stop recognise that they are the centre of the universe.
Also, If you think that parodying of names and jokes about deportion are harsh forms racism, you might want to walk out into the real world.
Yes mister ancient history mjaor.

Parodying names isn't particularly racist (we all have names regardless of race) it's just very yr 5 like.

X

xeuyrawp

wheredanton said:
Only a bitch would actually bring up how cut because someone didn't stop recognise that they are the centre of the universe.
Yeah 'I said hello to you twice and you didn't say hello back, what's up' = 'Oh, I'm so cut, I'm not the centre of the universe!!!' :rolleyes:

Parodying names isn't particularly racist (we all have names regardless of race) it's just very yr 5 like.
Yeah, and I suppose
Yes mister ancient history mjaor.
was far more mature? :)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah 'I said hello to you twice and you didn't say hello back, what's up' = 'Oh, I'm so cut, I'm not the centre of the universe!!!' :rolleyes:
Well come on, people are going to read it like that.

You actually bring it up like its important.

Yeah, and I suppose was far more mature? :)
Why are you pointing that out as if it's a crime?

Surely I can make fun of your major if you are allowed to poke fun at some Indian lady's long name.

X

xeuyrawp

wheredanton said:
Well come on, people are going to read it like that.
Oh noes, I might be JUDGED!
You actually bring it up like its important.
Yeah, I forgot that online forums were reserved for the most important of matters...

Why are you pointing that out as if it's a crime?
Yeah, I totally pointed it out like it's a crime. When I see a crime, I come on bos and ask them why the did it. Totally. :)

Surely I can make fun of your major if you are allowed to poke fun at some Indian lady's long name.
When did I say you can't?

Also, it's not an ancient history major, it's a major in egyptology and modern history.:)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Oh noes, I might be JUDGED!
If you don't care about being judged, why are you responding to my immature and catty barbs?

PwarYuex said:
Yeah, I forgot that online forums were reserved for the most important of matters...
You thought it was important enough to respond.

Yeah, I totally pointed it out like it's a crime. When I see a crime, I come on bos and ask them why the did it. Totally. :)
I think it was pretty clear that I didn't use 'crime' literally.

I'm sure you are aware of hyperbole as well as metaphor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)