• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lectures (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey if there is two letures listed for a course, then do I have to attend both or do I just pick one????

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
as far as ive been advised u only pick one....u only got option of 2?? i got an option of like 5 times for each thing so i was a bit confuzed but i only picked one time for each of the things (lecture, prac etc) but im still gona ask them to be sure what to pick on the advisory day thing

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Ok, only one of my courses has two lectures, the rest only have one, heaps of tutorials but

= Jennifer =

HSC
pussy_cat said:
Ok, only one of my courses has two lectures, the rest only have one, heaps of tutorials but
you only need to pick one tutorial per unit :)

[waiting for klh, natstar, jonathan, cape, michelleanne to correct me]

by the way are you planning a draft timetable?

Last edited:

klh

HSC
i think your correct, ill also wait for the others to decide. ;)
why would oy need to attend another tutorial if you alreadyy went to one?

Jacks

HSC
yeah if there are two lectures usually the second is offered in case you can't make it to the first, or maybe if you want to go over something again that you may have missed the first time round, you only pick one tut though. If you aren't entirely sure about whether you should attend both lectures, attend the first and ask your lecturer how it works. :)

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
what about, like in my case... there is a tutorial A and a Tutorial B.. do I have to attend both and whats the difference?

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
yes u do.................................................................................................................
lol
let me guess
its for "Statistics FOr Business"

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Maybe theres two lectures cause theres too many people for one lecture :confused: i dunno. Are the lectures labelled A and B?? Cause one subject that I did in first semester last year was like this - execpt it was one lecture, it was just the fact that the lecturer knew that we couldn't concentrate, also we had a tutorial for another subject between the two lectures.

And you only need to choose one tutorial - you really don't wanna go to more than one for each subject :p

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
No there is no lecture A or B, there are just two listed, I figured that you only pick one tutorial, but the lecture things got me confused, oh by the way its for Accounting Information for Managers - Is anyone else doing this course?? Every other subject just has one lecture.... Hmmm....

klh

HSC
really???
last year there was only one lecture for us, at penrith though.
you might have to pick only one, blacktown has alot of poepel enrolled in accounting, especially in that unit AIM.

EDIt: too quick natstar...lol

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
On pweb its listed that i have 2 lectures for Professional practise in sports studies and it says next to them 'All students to attend" so i guess i do have 2 lectures for one subject.

That sucks so badly too becasue if i didnt have the other one i wouldnt have to go on fridays!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They probably just split the lectures up, that happened in my fundamentals of environmental biology class.

KOfGHS, how long are each of the lectures?

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
they are 2 hours each!!! how can that work when i only have on lecture for stuff like med science!!

Uggg

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've had four hour straight lecture during last year. Its so much better having it split into two. 4 hours and your so dead you can't concentrate.

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
But still how can they spend 4 hours (plus prac) on a subject like that when other seemingly harder subjects are less!!! silly

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Is it a science related subject - thats probably the reason.

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
This is the outline:
This unit provides students with experiences in the Science and Management of Exercise and Sport helping them to determine a career direction. Students meet people from a variety of jobs in the sport, exercise and fitness industries, visit workplaces, and receive career counselling. This helps students identify preferences for professional practice placement. As there is strong competition for science and management-based employment, it is important to choose the placement agency carefully.

4 hours of lectures on this...i dont think so

Im probabley overreacting, but that second lecture wrecked my plans of having fridays off!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't see how that can be 4 hours either. But it does have the word science and science generally has the highest number of contracted hours in uni. If your lucky, your lecturers should cut it down a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)