• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maccas Interview (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
hey, I am a crew trainer and have been working at maccas for a few years. Interviews at my franchise are generally pretty casual, they just ask fairly simple questions like 'why do you want to work at maccas', 'how long do you intend on staying', and will usually go through your availabilities with you. We want people who are going to stay for a while and not quit after a month, who are flexible, and have a good attitude. Most important is to be confident, smile and make good eye contact, to show that you can talk in a friendly and clear way to customers and not look depressed and bored behind the counter.

Good luck, feel free to private message me if you have any other questions

RishBonjour

HSC
if you got the interview - you're in. Just be normal - extremely casual. I had my interview in year 10 (Kingscross maccas), guy was very casual, asked a few questions like what I'm currently doing etc and what the person above said. Give straight simple answers in a casual tone.

nojess

HSC
I worked there for three (horrible) years. The whole "when was the last time you had a good/bad customer service experience" is a pretty common one, too.

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
I worked there for three (horrible) years. The whole "when was the last time you had a good/bad customer service experience" is a pretty common one, too.
may i ask what made it such a horrible 3 years?

Okashi

HSC
The manager just started saying when can I work... Then I told her and that was it. You're hired! This was in city so not too sure about other stores.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
My interviewer asked things like 'can you describe the last time you took initiative' and 'when was the last time you used teamwork to accomplish something. Describe it'. Wow. That was like 3 years ago.

I actually remember finding the interview questions online, but I can't remember if it was public or on the maccas portal.

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
'why do you want to work at maccas' ... how should i answer that without being corny? haha

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
'why do you want to work at maccas' ... how should i answer that without being corny? haha
so i can steal the happy meal toys...........and because i want the discount. just bs about how long you want to work there for, for me i said i would work for like 2-3 years and i ended up quitting after like 2 or 3 months lol xD

nojess

HSC
may i ask what made it such a horrible 3 years?
I don't know, I'm quite a clean person and the grease and smell just didn't work well for me. Also the chemicals destroyed my fingernails.
And I gained weight.
But it does look good on your resume!

jnney

lemon
HSC
The manager just started saying when can I work... Then I told her and that was it. You're hired! This was in city so not too sure about other stores.
Hehe pretty much same.

jnney

lemon
HSC
- I got asked about my availability during school/university time (they don't want to hire someone that can only work for 3 hours a week)
- What I was studying at uni
- I think that was it haha.
- And some casual talk.

It really depends on which restaurant you're getting interviewed by. Generally, most stores are pretty chillax, and you've pretty much got the job if you are offered an interview - try your best to answer the questions, be friendly, and you're set. If you're working at places where the reputation of McDonalds is very high at stake, such as the international airport, the interview would be much more like what you would expect 'typical' (very formal), where the quality of your performance on the day is highly valued.

jnney

lemon
HSC
There are lots of things you could say:

-im young, i have lots of time on my hands, so i want to spend some of this time learning and developing new skills
-i am introverted and i want to push myself to talk to people
-i want to use the skills that i will gain from working at mc donalds as a backbone for future jobs/careers
-say something sincere; as long as your response to that question is 'i don't know', you should be fine

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
There are lots of things you could say:

-im young, i have lots of time on my hands, so i want to spend some of this time learning and developing new skills
-i am introverted and i want to push myself to talk to people
-i want to use the skills that i will gain from working at mc donalds as a backbone for future jobs/careers
-say something sincere; as long as your response to that question is 'i don't know', you should be fine
I wouldn't go with the one in bold, the other two are fine though.

Essentially, I want to work at X because it will give me skills in Y and Z which will help me develop as a worker and as a person.

nojess

HSC
I said something along the lines of maccas having a reputation for providing good and thorough training (not true) and that I thought it would be a good atmosphere to learn in. Also something about liking to work at a fast pace and working well under pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)