• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Main things from 2U (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
smallcattle said:
i spent the least time on english, followed by sdd, then maths.. then..

i have no faith in sdd, its just.. full of bullshits which are advantaged to good english students.. as im a below average english student, i just cant bullshit

i chose sdd because i thought it was mainly programming, which i knew now that i was wrong.. im good at programming, i started to programm when i was in year 9...but this whole theory thing is just.. two words to describe it, bullshits :)

EDIT: I just found out this is a maths forum @_@
I chose sdd because i liked programming too, but it has only made me hate it more.
i suffer the same english problem for chemistry, physics, and sdd too :).

Gym

SDD was a disappointment I'm afraid. Especially when I ended up teaching the class most of the course because I knew more than the teacher. And the amount of work I spent on my major assignment was WOW! But yes, the exam is 90% bullshit and 10% knowledge. And that is if you did the Software Dev. View of Hardware.

smallcattle

HSC
someone at my school who topped in SDD was doing ext1 english while all the other kids were doing standard or ESL

i know she can write... pages and pages of essay.. but i have to admit that she is crap at programming, her major program was like... well u know.. but she still topped!! because of her nice documentation.. i think its unfair.. someone who loves programming and actually being disadvantaged in doing SDD..

superbird

HSC
Anybody tried Information Tech. The most boring (hence why I dropped it) yet easiest subject ever.

CrashOveride

HSC
withoutaface said:
That's aligning. 4u has much higher scaled marks for the same aligned marks.

Slide Rule you forgot distinction courses, which lie somewhere in between 3 and 4u maths.
Hold on, it means a raw mark of exactly 2/3 went to algined mark of 46/50 for lazarus' 3uniut ?!?! Wtf...since when does it align so well [ok and yes there is distinction between aligning and scaling but generally algining so hardcore like that wud mean corresponding good scaling]

What does 4u align like then :/ [I know that the same ALIGNED marks in 3u/4u will yield higher scaled in 4u].

That statistic from Laz seems a bit....?

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
yeah i was surprised too :/ maybe the majority of people do really shit in 3u?
But it doesnt make sense. How many people do 3u approximately each year and 4u, so you can find out the exact number of ext-1ers, and ext-2ers.
GENERALLY, the pure ext-1ers will do much shitter than the ext-2ers so it is another probability factor, slide rule i need your help buddy :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)