• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major work questions (2 Viewers)

Something Vague

soso nice advice, i just wanted to make it clear to our budding artist... markers give 50 for the practise of the work (how it looks) and 50 for the idea behinde it (concept)
an example of concept is my own works, i paint these said pictures of people... mainly boys twisted up with emotional angish...a girl standing hollow eye'd in a bath tub clutching an extension cord. thats all well and good i paint good enough and my figures are recognisable but that doesnt matter without the reason i paint... the reason i put the pore little girl in the bath.
my concept is to inspire emotion to touch people through and everlasting object to inspire empathy from a snotty nosed bitch swanning around a syd exhibition acting like she is intouch with the art world.......hope i helped.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I kno concept is important, and i've already got a whole artbook finished with my bs concepts, menefesto etc. However when it gets sent away, all they get is a title, and your works how you've collected them, how are they going to distiguish a good idea from a bad idea, i kno that a good solid idea is good for art making practice, and will prolly shine through on a work, but it's not like if i made the same artwork, titled it the same, and had absoblutely no concept i'd do any worse.

ale1986

reply......

hmmmm im a bit confused....i get the feeling from your works that you do not have a fully developed concept? When i look at your works im not sure what you are trying to express your audience? Don't get me wrong though, you display awesome technical skills...if you back that up with a strong concept that shines through your work im sure you'll get top marks...

soso

HSC
N/A
"how are they going to distiguish a good idea from a bad idea"

All works are marked relative to the outcomes of the syllabus. If you want to know what they are read the syllabus off the BOS page.

Also read the exam report for the area of practice you are working in such as painting etc. That will tell you a lot. Find exam reports on the BOS site. The OTHER BOS site of course

soso

HSC
N/A
Markers are chosen for their expertise in their field. They are not all old and past it. Even some of the old ones seem to know a lot

soso

HSC
N/A
Looking great. 2nd one is best more accessable and more intriguing. Liked first one but takes more effort. Think it needs something in the bottom corners

Several devices in first one such as eye drag you in. This strategy is needed in the first one But greast work going well and time to spare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)