• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mariah Carey Appreciation Post (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
One of the greatest singers of the 90's and still continueing today, Mariah Carey had her down times, but she manages to continue and awaiting a release of her new album.

The career of Mariah Carey is a succession of records. Her first five singles all reached the first place in the Billboard Hot 100. She has the record of the longest Number 1 hit in the history of the modern Billboard and she is the only artist who has a Number 1 hit in every year of the '90s. Mariah has spent more weeks at the top than the Beatles. She has seen more singles debut at Number 1 than any artist in chart history. Furthermore, she has more gold and platinum singles than any artist during the 1990's and more platinum singles than any female artist in history.

damn and she is hot.

tell me what songs u like of hers and anytihng else good about her u can think. oh and NO haters. or i diss yuor tastes

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
mizz_smee said:
its like that...

i like some usually no though
oh i tohught yuor talking about
Mariah Carey - Shake It Off

its from her upcoming album THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI

djmattyd

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
why is she calling herself mimi now?
Apparently "Mimi" has been a nickname of hers for years, but only those people close to her have called her it. This album being a sort of "unleashing" of the true Mariah (supposedly), she is letting her fans get to know the real Mariah, "Mimi".

Did anyone see Mariah Carey live in Australia in 1998? I was only 10, but I was there. She is such a good performer.

My favourite song of hers is "Hero", and I love "One Sweet Day" and "Honey".

I'm waiting for the release of her new album next week. Hope it's good.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
djmattyd said:
Apparently "Mimi" has been a nickname of hers for years, but only those people close to her have called her it. This album being a sort of "unleashing" of the true Mariah (supposedly), she is letting her fans get to know the real Mariah, "Mimi".
i heard her new album is abit more hip hop style, but not sure if thats true

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
mariah has such an awesome voice! i loved 'always be my baby','one sweet day' on her daydream album and 'how much' and 'heartbreaker (remix)' on her rainbow album. come to think of it i practically love all her old songs. :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i like her old stuff better.
"hero", "i still believe", "fantasy"... it's all good :)
it was unique... whereas her new stuff is good, but it kind of blends in too much with mainstream hiphop/rnb.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
i like her old stuff better.
"hero", "i still believe", "fantasy"... it's all good :)
it was unique... whereas her new stuff is good, but it kind of blends in too much with mainstream hiphop/rnb.
yeh that new song of hers was very much blending into the other typical mainsteam rnb songs, but i gave a listen to some of her other songs on the new album and damn they were classic mariah quality. really great songs are to come out of this.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
serious?
what are some titles? i wanna try download some xD

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
serious?
what are some titles? i wanna try download some xD
i really like

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together

at the moment

but its a radio rip so the quality is pretty bad

Fry

SashatheMan said:
i heard her new album is abit more hip hop style, but not sure if thats true
she's been doing the hip hop thing for a while now. 'Breakdown' with the Bone Thugs is one of my all time faves.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i really like

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together

at the moment

but its a radio rip so the quality is pretty bad
AHA! FINALLY! I was trying to remember the name of that song cos I heard it last week and forgot what it was called. Thanks! And I downloaded it off Morpheus, where most songs are good versions

Ninga

HSC
The new album is alrite, its different to her past work. Pretty much way more hip hop, and a lot more collaborations with people like jermaine dupri, Twista, Snoop Dogg and Nelly. Its a good listen, i dunno, just don't be expecting too many ballads on it, though there are a few slower songs...yes, she is hot too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)