• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mathematics Extension 2 year 10 (1 Viewer)

plutonium-238

HSC
Is it too early for someone who's in year 10 to think about doing 4U math in year 12. If it is, then when is the best time to think about doing the course?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Depends if you've started 3U yet. Start thinking about 4U when you've done a couple 3U exams.

dinomyte

HSC
It's fine if you're thinking about doing 4U maths. I don't think there's a "best time" to think about doing the course, if you want to do it, and you like maths, you should definitely work towards it :) Pretty sure a lot of people decide to do 4U maths in Year 10, myself included.

J280

HSC
It's fine if you're thinking about doing 4U maths. I don't think there's a "best time" to think about doing the course, if you want to do it, and you like maths, you should definitely work towards it :) Pretty sure a lot of people decide to do 4U maths in Year 10, myself included.
I agree. Even now as a Year 10 student, MX2 is something I am going to work towards to during Year 11 :)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. Even now as a Year 10 student, MX2 is something I am going to work towards to during Year 11 :)
In saying that, have you started studying any of the mx2 topics?

a lot of maths accelerated people in my school and drop out maths accelerated are aiming towards mx2 and i dont think i could keep up sadly. Only unless i cram harder than ever in these holidays.

J280

HSC

a lot of maths accelerated people in my school and drop out maths accelerated are aiming towards mx2 and i dont think i could keep up sadly. Only unless i cram harder than ever in these holidays.
No, I haven't...only know a little bit about complex and that's about it...
However I have started a little bit of study on some topics in 3U including further algebra, trigonometry and a bit of differentiation :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I only seriously considered doing 4u in year 11. See where your mathematical capabilities are at first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Don't worry. I didn't start Ext.2 until term 4 last year, and I may possibly get an e4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)