• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Memorising (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by schwang_thang

dont go overboard n rmb 2 many quotes (like me...i think i rmbed over 50 quotes 4 julius caesar n ended up filtering them in the exam n only using abt 20), just pick the absolute best ones that apply the most.
50?!
Fuck, I only learned about 5 or 6.:eek:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by YEAR11

read the notes from markers on the Board website. They say quite clearly that they don't appreciate (most-yours may have been adapted very well) prewritten essays as they are often off-topic and try and manipulate the questions to fit the essay instead of the other way around.
yeah I guess most pre-written essays are written by candidates that dont understand the text. But if u have an indepth knowledge of the text, and have a pre memorised essay in ur head wen u walk into the exam, ur pretty much set

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

yeah I guess most pre-written essays are written by candidates that dont understand the text.
dont forget extremely lazy candidates who chose to do no work during the year except write an essay for assessments ... :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

it depends - if your planned essay is really really specific, then you could easily be stuffed because you cant really adapt it ... but if its pretty general, then it should not be hard to adapt it ...

memorising is one skill, i guess, and adapting is another ...
what about creative writing? can u have it all planned out?? especially for crime fiction (EE1)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

what about creative writing? can u have it all planned out?? especially for crime fiction (EE1)
prepare a relatively general short story relating to the module and mould it around the question ... create metaphors and similies to use on the exam ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)