• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mobile Programming (1 Viewer)

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted here in a while and yeah it's another semester for me as usual. Has anyone does the subject Mobile Programming? I just had a quick question about the assessment.

Now for assignment 1 we have to create an application that has basic create, update, delete functions. My question was i'm perfectly fine doing the jsp part where you access it through the web (i.e. like DCA). What's confusing me is the WAP bit i've been playing with a WAP emulator a little bit and researching and still trying to understand this whole thing.

So what is the best way to approach this problem? if i code the business logic can this be re-used when i do the WAP bit? thanks a bunch.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Use an n-tier (3) approach like what you said and keep the presentation logic seperate. When you move onto the Mobile stuff, then just adjust your business logic code a bit to work with the WAP stuff. The mobile J2ME stuff is a bit hard to understand at first, but after a while you'll be able to understand the basics of Midlets and stuff.

Crammer

HSC
N/A
jesse,

thanks for the quick answer. So you're effectively saying to duplicate the business logic code when i work on the WAP stuff? or can i just have the methods in a javabean and access it from both the HTML and WAP interfaces?

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Also another thing i can't get my head around it's the first week i'm a bit earlier since we haven't covered anything about WML (although the assignment was handed out on tue). Now, WML needs special hosting and not all hosts support it. Will the subject provide us with hosting or do we have to make our own arrangements? I just wanted to get "Hello World" or something working.

Also one more q: did you use XSLT when you did the first assignment? in the specs it says XSLT but i don't think i'll be using it. I was just a bit concerned if my solution had no XSLT i thought i might of been doing something wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)