• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by tofu
Because the 1st round is a practice round we haven't been allocated a time to prepare with a lawyer. My opening statement is for the defence - I have something prepared I just don't know if it meets all the specifications of the competition...
yeh if i were you i wouldnt worry TOO much about it because after all it is only a practice round so points won't be counted. but try to prepare it as well as you can and then take pointers from what the opposition do. also, you can ask the 'judge' at the end of the trial for tips on what to do better next time etc.

im worried about my closing statement because i will have to add/subtract things from it in the break. thats my least favourite bit lol. and also cross examination cos im crap :p

our trial is on wednesday i think, whens yours?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Hey Ms12 yeah i think i remember, but i cant remember if i played a barrister or a witness that time .. i think it might of been a barrister??? thats soo kewl! aw wish i knew it was you then i could say i officially met someone from here!

hehe I was the one that cracked up laughing in the middle of either your opening or closing statement (or it could have been one of the witness statements, can't really remember). I felt so bad cos I wasn't laughing at your team I was remembering a picture one of our barristers drew about 'penal servitude' (it was a penis with a whip or something completely stupid like that) and whoever was talking must have said it cos I lost control. So yeah, that was me!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
:eek:
only for legal studies students?? i did it last year and i didn't do legal back then!
and time out of class?? we have to do it all (training and the actual trial) after/before school!
unfair :(
yep, only legal studies students- but i can c why though. :)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
yes i guess it does make sense.
i just had a practice session and we met our 'helper' and she kept picking on me! :(

but our trial has been postponed until next wednesday. how did yours go, tofu?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
so so so so so so sos soooooooooooooooooo pised off

me n my legal class had one big whinge ova our legal teacher leaving to go to to mock trial with yr 11.. meanwhile we are chucking a stink coz our teacher was too lazy to put the form in!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
mines on wednesday! im scared! and we are having a practice session at school on monday but im leaving early cos i have to go somewhere else and im worried about my closing statement!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ren
yeh at our school ur not allowed to do it in year 12...which totally sux!
yeah we're not allowed to do 'mock trail' but we have something similar for yr 12 called 'moot trial'

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah mooting (arguing a point of law in a mock court) is for year 11 & 12 whereas mocktrial is meant for year 10 & 11

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
we won!!
but the team we went against had no experience and they didnt really know what they were doing..

but still, we won!!

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
I did Mock Trial (Barrister) in year 11, but we're not allowed to do it in yr 12. So I help coach sort of... training against the team, taking notes at trials blah blah blah... Look out for Cerdon College this year, they're fiesty!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was Barrister 1, 2 and solicitor (my teacher believed in taking turns...although i always argued my way onto the bat table :) willing to help ne pplz still in to get a ,ock trial fix and wiling to send any examples of stuff for future pplz also

Nicko123

HSC
We were in the 2004 competition and won the NSW comp. (think we might be doin an international one this year?...) After mid terms this week if i can find my old materials as 1st/2nd barrister ill post them here if anyone would like them, might be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)