• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Moral Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Would you give the paper back?

• Yes

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters
HSC
This afternoon,
I was given the answers to the CSSA 2005 Trial Physics paper.

My physics exam isn't for 2 weeks!

It was accidentally put into my English papers.
Now, i'm failing physics pretty hard, but I couldn't look at them. I just thought of my friends doing after school classes, working there arses off and I couldn't look at them.
And I really needed to do well in this trial (I want above 90 and physics is definately my fail point). As soon as i realised i had them I drove 20 minutes back to school and dropped them in the floor of the library (can you imagine if i handed them back to a teacher?)

If you were me, What would you have done?
Even though I know I gave them back, for some reason, I still feel like shit..Its the most awful feeling ever, I can't concentrate now.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Damn, that must feel awful. :(

You should be given a medal for what you did. :D To a lot of people, that would be a temptation too irresistable. If it was me, I would flip through it quickly and get a bit of an idea about what will be asked, and then tell myself over and over again that I did not read it. :p

Don't worry so much about it. Study before your exam, and just do your best. :) It'll feel better than achieving an ill-gotten 95%.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I am 100% sure i would have looked at it...

It does not matter how you get the score, as long as you get it...

But if you get that guilty feeling i don't seem to get, you were right to give it back :eek:....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm this is why exams like the CSSA are a bad idea.

Schools should set trials themselves, so all do them at the same time. My school realises this at least

oh but yeah you should give it back

Last edited:

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Damn, you should have kept them! And given them to me!

Nah, I'd much rather study and get the mark I deserve than cheat, whether it was entirely my fault or not.
I'd feel too bad.
And then I would have to tell someone.
And then probably throw myself off a bridge because the guilt was eating me.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
miss_b said:
I am 100% sure i would have looked at it...

It does not matter how you get the score, as long as you get it...

But if you get that guilty feeling i don't seem to get, you were right to give it back :eek:....
The reason why I would not look at is fear of being caught.

If the teachers realise that one copy of the trials answers was missing, they might trace it down to the english papers. I don't think it's something they would just overlook. You never know, there might be a way to find out who had the answers.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
The reason why I would not look at is fear of being caught.

If the teachers realise that one copy of the trials answers was missing, they might trace it down to the english papers. I don't think it's something they would just overlook. You never know, there might be a way to find out who had the answers.
Just claim that you never read them then? :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
miss_b said:
Just claim that you never read them then? :p
Yeah... :p But as if they'll believe you. They'll probably have to reset the papers or something. Or if not that drastic, they'll do something special for you.

P.S. I recognise that guy in your av... Danny something. He was in New Police Story.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Yeah... :p But as if they'll believe you. They'll probably have to reset the papers or something. Or if not that drastic, they'll do something special for you.

P.S. I recognise that guy in your av... Danny something. He was in New Police Story.
If they don't beleive me then they can reset the paper; nothing lost on my part either way...:p

Daniel wu *drools* haha...

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I would have just sold it to somebody. I'm doing rather mediocre in phys but i couldn't care less (one of the many benefits of having 12 units)

Last edited:

hasterz

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
dropped them in the floor of the library .
and then some1 else picks it up, pwns the exam , gives it to all his friends in school ,and gets that rank ahead of you and improves his UAI dramatically

that would be pretty shitty

HSC
suprised ppl would say they'd look at it. I guess you'd feel a different way if you were actually there.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
if you feel guilty about having it then give it back, you will fell much better until you reliase later what you did. if you get a unusually high mark then it will arouse suspision and if your caught then it could be worse. play it safe and give it back

if it were me i would of have a breif look first, so thats good you got will power.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i think i would give it back as id rather have a clear conscience and n e way ppl would start getting suspicious if i suddenly did heaps gud in the test. But then i couldnt say that for sure cause u could say that u would return the answers but then im not sure i would do as such if the opportunity did come up. But dam! ive gotta praise ur honesty :)

alessandra

HSC
i would have not only looked but would have learnt them as well ahah make a few mistakes here and there but its good u gave them back! i cant believe u didnt look thats pretty moral of u lol :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i would've looked.

dunno if i wouldve given it back to them...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Oh, wow. :D I balanced the two options in the polls.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
This afternoon,
I was given the answers to the CSSA 2005 Trial Physics paper.

My physics exam isn't for 2 weeks!

It was accidentally put into my English papers.
Now, i'm failing physics pretty hard, but I couldn't look at them. I just thought of my friends doing after school classes, working there arses off and I couldn't look at them.
And I really needed to do well in this trial (I want above 90 and physics is definately my fail point). As soon as i realised i had them I drove 20 minutes back to school and dropped them in the floor of the library (can you imagine if i handed them back to a teacher?)

If you were me, What would you have done?
Even though I know I gave them back, for some reason, I still feel like shit..Its the most awful feeling ever, I can't concentrate now.
of course u'd feel pritty crappy for giving them back... but u'd feel worse if u didn't... i mean it's not everday ur handed answers for a trial paper but its good u didn't allow ur temptation to grasp hold of u

well done!!!... u definately did the right thing ...

ur physics exam isn't for 2 weeks???

physics CSSA is next week thursday... are u doing it at a date other than the set date???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)