• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need 1 more Subject for Line 6?? Suggestions (2 Viewers)

TBK11

HSC
umm a lil bit confused according to my year advisor i need to have 6 subjects thats the minimum since i cancelled out my TVET i need 6 so far i got

Ex1 Maths
Ex1 English
Chemistry
Biology
Retail operations

now 1 more is needed choices that are available

Ancient History
Physics (haha no way)
Economics
Japanese Beginners
French Beginners
S.D.D

i got till monday to find another subject cause my interview didnt finish ran out of time :) so any suggestions
TBH im not really interested in any of these scaling isnt a factor to me totally stuffed :(

suzlee

HSC
So you would choose absolutely ANY of those subjects?? You've got to have some sort of direction you want to go to. IT? Commerce? Social science?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
TBK11 said:
umm a lil bit confused according to my year advisor i need to have 6 subjects thats the minimum since i cancelled out my TVET i need 6 so far i got

Ex1 Maths
Ex1 English
Chemistry
Biology
Retail operations

Ancient History
Physics (haha no way)
Economics
Japanese Beginners
French Beginners
S.D.D

i got till monday to find another subject cause my interview didnt finish ran out of time :) so any suggestions
TBH im not really interested in any of these scaling isnt a factor to me totally stuffed :(
Im sure u only have to do 12 units regardless of how many subjects u do.... but then again I could be wrong.. anywho that will make it 14 units and I say pick economics and drop it in yr 12. But still I think you only have to do 12 units

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
suzlee said:
So you would choose absolutely ANY of those subjects?? You've got to have some sort of direction you want to go to. IT? Commerce? Social science?
He's going for MBBS or B. Med

Takuto

HSC
TBK11 said:

Ex1 Maths
Ex1 English
Chemistry
Biology
Retail operations

Ancient History
Physics (haha no way)
Economics
Japanese Beginners
French Beginners
S.D.D

haha id go for sdd, the scaling isnt bad

and u dont have to really do that much study at all - its a logic subject so you'll probably do well in it. and crammable too. u can pull another all nighter =D

it will also save time since ur current subjects look quite demanding

maybe ancient for the essays? lol, ties in with english

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
well any subject would do just as long as it didnt kill my workload i dont want to over do it thats why i added a Cat B subject for balance, id most likely drop that subject from line 6 to pick up on ex2 maths so would it really matter what i choose.

what would be the easiest to do in terms of work, exams, assignments

Takuto

HSC
TBK11 said:
well any subject would do just as long as it didnt kill my workload i dont want to over do it thats why i added a Cat B subject for balance, id most likely drop that subject from line 6 to pick up on ex2 maths so would it really matter what i choose.

sdd for sure, lol

its been the easiest for me

and ive only had 1 assignment, 2 exams (half yearly/trial), of which i studied the night b4 and scored 80s..

HSC
TBK11 said:

if you arent concerned about scaling..

go with the subject you think youll enjoy most..
or perhaps may help you with a future career..

TBK11

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
if you arent concerned about scaling..

go with the subject you think youll enjoy most..
or perhaps may help you with a future career..
the thing is i dont like any of em haha, hmm on a general note if i picked a subject from Line 6 and dropped it in yr12 would it affect me at all thanks

TBK11

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
With Retail Operations? lol
Retail is there to balance out subjects i dont want a killer load of work besides i think i can come first in retail in my school:uhhuh:

studentcheese

HSC
Ancient History: A fun subject for Year 11 and Year 12. It's like year 7 and 8 history which was practically the best.
Physics (haha no way): Hard apparatenly. But doing all three sciences would be a bit too much.
Economics: A high scaled subject (not that you really care, lol) But do you like commerce? Do you enjoy social sciences? Are you good at writing essays?
Japanese Beginners: Are you prepared to learn another language? Japanese is one of the hardest Asian languages to learn.
French Beginners: Easy to learn and fun!
S.D.D: According to people at school, it's very boring and hard to learn.

TBK11

HSC
studentcheese said:
Ancient History: A fun subject for Year 11 and Year 12. It's like year 7 and 8 history which was practically the best.
Physics (haha no way): Hard apparatenly. But doing all three sciences would be a bit too much.
Economics: A high scaled subject (not that you really care, lol) But do you like commerce? Do you enjoy social sciences? Are you good at writing essays?
Japanese Beginners: Are you prepared to learn another language? Japanese is one of the hardest Asian languages to learn.
French Beginners: Easy to learn and fun!
S.D.D: According to people at school, it's very boring and hard to learn.
hmm from that id have to agree i did enjoy history in yr7 learning about Egyptians ill probally Take Ancient thanks alot helped me

studentcheese

HSC
TBK11 said:
hmm from that id have to agree i did enjoy history in yr7 learning about Egyptians ill probally Take Ancient thanks alot helped me
You're welcome ;)

speedofsound

HSC
I'd go with Ancient History as well.

But I'm an absolute History lover, so I'm biased. :) But it's something a little bit different among your subject selections so you've got a wide range of things to learn.

Go over the syllabus for the the course and see if you like it. I believe Egypt is included.

lolman12567

HSC
your year advisor is an idiot, you only have to have a minimum of 4 subjects for prelim.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
lolman12567 said:
your year advisor is an idiot, you only have to have a minimum of 4 subjects for prelim.

How does that make the minimum of 12 units for prelim..?

studentcheese

HSC
rolror88 said:
[/b]
How does that make the minimum of 12 units for prelim..?
Yeah, how does that make minimum of 12?

I mean, even with this combination:

MX1 - 3
EX1 - 3
Chem - 2
Ancient - 2

You only have 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)