• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need help asap if i should keep extension (1 Viewer)

Bongos

HSC
Honestly, so far we are half way through our first prescribed text...
I did well last year but I don't know if he marked us easily ? Even though he is a HSC marker.
We haven't done much on creative writing either. Maybe one or two pieces.

Should I keep this still ?
or just focus really well on my 2 unit subjects.

simplyinsanity

HSC
Do you enjoy doing extension and do you feel that you understand the texts?

From your first post I don't see why you are thinking about dropping extension. Nor why you think you may have been marked easily last year.

Bongos

HSC
Half of us had no idea what we were doing yet the lowest was 40 ? I know we are behind compared to other schools and my school rank is very, very low.

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
Half of us had no idea what we were doing yet the lowest was 40 ? I know we are behind compared to other schools and my school rank is very, very low.
If you enjoy the course material for Extension, don't drop it. But don't get complacent if you do get decent/high scores in assessments. See if you can get your hands on "model" answers (inc. through this forum) and analyse them to see what they do well/what you could learn from them. If you get a decent score in your HSC actual, your school's scaling won't affect you as much anyway - plus, the practice/skills you get from Extension can also feed into how you approach Advanced, which I feel helps.

Happy to look at some of your work and tell you honestly if you're being marked easy or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)