• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

No future goals... (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
Yeah but no one would want to travel far to buy a dog ya know?

Nah but I see uni and the next step sorta thing you know? Like primary school --> high school , high school --> uni

Coookies

HSC
the course descriptions I've read have been so vague! But I'm sure it's different depending on what subject you pick. Nobody is ever going to be perfectly happy, so I think you shouldn't feel like there's a perfect course. At the same time, it has to serve your interests at least to an extent. But I agree with the others that university isn't necessary if you're not interested. Ages ago I didn't think twice about going, then one of my friends told me they didn't want to go a year ago and it made me re-think the whole notion of 'going' to university and why we do it, now I'm only going because I've decided on a career and I can't do the masters work necessary for a qualification unless I have an undergraduate degree, even though I think the cost is ridiculous for what I'm going to learn. It's a stupid aspect of society I can't change and have to put up with: for 3 years and around 15 grand.
But no course would be enough motivation for me to actually try hard and complete it.Theres not even a 'near perfect' course.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Do not worry. Spiral is in a similar situation. I have no definite goals for University.

kfnmpah

HSC
Education=opportunities. If you don't know what you want to do, try hard enough so that when you do, you are able to.

You'd be kicking yourself if you didn't try very hard then didn't do well enough to do what you wanted to do once you figured it out.

I started out in a science degree, changed after first semester to nutrition, now I'm doing maths teaching and loving it.

Take a year off and work, or put in generic degree preferences.

If you like dogs, I'd probably NOT become vet. Most of the time you're not dealing with happy playful dogs... you're putting them down. Just sayin'

gl, broseph.

yours

HSC
But no course would be enough motivation for me to actually try hard and complete it.Theres not even a 'near perfect' course.
What I did is looked for: what jobs are linked with this area of interest. So in a sense I worked backwards, I found a job that I loved the sound of, and I mean the essence of it and what you do every day you 'work'. Then I found out what courses I needed to do to be qualified and voila uni decisions made.

also: Forgot to mention, when I was deciding, I considered pros and cons of each job... and there are cons to all of them, you just need to find the one with the most pros. e.g. sense of fulfilment, do I see myself doing this for decades, pay/hours, prospects, where can I live, what do I have to give up etc

Last edited:

Coookies

HSC
Education=opportunities. If you don't know what you want to do, try hard enough so that when you do, you are able to.

You'd be kicking yourself if you didn't try very hard then didn't do well enough to do what you wanted to do once you figured it out.

I started out in a science degree, changed after first semester to nutrition, now I'm doing maths teaching and loving it.

Take a year off and work, or put in generic degree preferences.

If you like dogs, I'd probably NOT become vet. Most of the time you're not dealing with happy playful dogs... you're putting them down. Just sayin'

gl, broseph.
yeah i know :( dogs go to the vet for a reason right? they don't go there to play lol

Coookies

HSC
What I did is looked for: what jobs are linked with this area of interest. So in a sense I worked backwards, I found a job that I loved the sound of, and I mean the essence of it and what you do every day you 'work'. Then I found out what courses I needed to do to be qualified and voila uni decisions made.
Sounds good... but no job interests me! Maybe Im just lazy bahahahah...

Coookies

HSC
Would you get all ten-thousand children of mine??

and OP I would to hate to be a vet, i cannot stand seeing an animal in pain
Yeah me too but isn't that the joy of being a vet? You stop their pain?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Animals are cute and have feelings too. Sometimes vets have a painful task of deciding a cute fluffy creature's future.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeah me too but isn't that the joy of being a vet? You stop their pain?
But in your mind you don't want to end their life because you want to see them well and play, this makes me sad as most of the time you are unable to do anything else

Coookies

HSC
But in your mind you don't want to end their life because you want to see them well and play, this makes me sad as most of the time you are unable to do anything else
Woah woah woah, I didn't mean "stop their pain" as in give them the needle. I was more meaning surgery lol

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Woah woah woah, I didn't mean "stop their pain" as in give them the needle. I was more meaning surgery lol
Oh lol, but that is apart of a vet putting down animals :(

but even surgery, I hate seeing animals in pain

yours

HSC
Weird thing I noticed at my vet's was that the apprentices/beginners were always really enthusiastic, but the older vet was always quickest to suggest we just 'put down' our pets whenever we brought them there. Anyway I talked to other people who went there and it turned out he just did that to everyone because he got paid heaps whenever he put down an animal. We don't go there anymore. I think he turned cynical and lost his youthful optimism. Depressing but true

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Weird thing I noticed at my vet's was that the apprentices/beginners were always really enthusiastic, but the older vet was always quickest to suggest we just 'put down' our pets whenever we brought them there. Anyway I talked to other people who went there and it turned out he just did that to everyone because he got paid heaps whenever he put down an animal. We don't go there anymore. I think he turned cynical and lost his youthful optimism. Depressing but true
Weirdo.

My dogs vet is really nice, she often tells my family off because my dog is a bit fat (not really overweight that it is noticeable but just tubby)

Coookies

HSC
Oh lol, but that is apart of a vet putting down animals :(

but even surgery, I hate seeing animals in pain
But they will be in even more pain if you don't do surgery.
Sometimes putting down an animal is for the best... same as humans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)