• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

not doing well in half yearlies during HSC year (1 Viewer)

n_reedus98

HSC
Does not doing well in your half yearly exams like 50% and 60% around there.is there still hope to get an atar of 90+.
and can you make up for it by doing really well in your remaining assesments and trials and ofcourse the actual HSC.
btw the exams weighting ranged around 10% to 25% i feel gutted

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Does not doing well in your half yearly exams like 50% and 60% around there.is there still hope to get an atar of 90+.
and can you make up for it by doing really well in your remaining assesments and trials and ofcourse the actual HSC.
Well, how much were your half yearlies worth toward your internals?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Yes you can! HSC is 50% and trials is a large chunk too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

n_reedus98

HSC
like 10% 15% and 20%
i still have a few assesments and the TRIALS to do.
if i do well in those is there a chance of me getting that 90+ atar or atleast 80+ in a realisitic way

RyanT7

HSC
like 10% 15% and 20%
i still have a few assesments and the TRIALS to do.
if i do well in those is there a chance of me getting that 90+ atar or atleast 80+ in a realisitic way
How did you rank ?

n_reedus98

HSC
Im ranked average like when i theres a few people above me and few below me. But when i do really well like in one of my assesments then my rank goes up to being top 5 in year

RyanT7

HSC
Im ranked average like when i theres a few people above me and few below me. But when i do really well like in one of my assesments then my rank goes up to being top 5 in year
If you're about the middle now, then yeah, if you do great in your remaining assessments, there is still a really good chance of you getting a good math mark

n_reedus98

HSC
sarcasm much?
because these are my subjects: -Biology
- Business studies
- English advanced
- IPT
- General Maths

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
sarcasm much?
because these are my subjects: -Biology
- Business studies
- English advanced
- IPT
- General Maths
http://community.boredofstudies.org...366/limit-drop-general-maths.html#post7115815

This guy got 99.65 with very similar subjects to you so its not like your subjects means you are screwed. He is a beast though so take it as you will

That said you kinda have to start being a beast as well, I think at this stage a 90+ atar is still very achievable considering you've done like less than 25% of your course, and similar logic for 80+.

n_reedus98

HSC
Is there any strategies to start getting my sht together and become a beast. Because my aim is to make it to usyd with am atar of 92 and i haven't got the best of starts in my hsc and i need to turn everything around

Matador

HSC
In the same boat as you. Ranked top 3 in all my subjects but I think ima bomb these mid years, hopefully theres still hope for us D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)