• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

I dont understand wtf is goin on. Thompson despite being a stains player is alrite, but he is still half the playe Nutley is.

Peachey, Dykes, Nutley, Stevens all gone, who is realistically left that symobolises Cronulla? All we have now is a bunch of fobs and some guy called Simmons whos meant to win the games for us single handedly next year as Kimmorley certainly wont do jack, we wont have any go forward, and Dykes wont be around to make Kimmorley look avergage (compared to looking like shyte)

Random_87

HSC
N/A
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Yeah but they're gonna finish last next year, and every year for the rest of the NRL's existence.
Not as long as we have Covell and THE BEARDED ONE

HSC
Fuck me dead Wingy, why risk it?
SMH said:
I'll be right for Test, says Wing
November 23, 2005 - 1:52PM

Coach Wayne Bennett may think he is in doubt but utility trump Craig Wing has dismissed any concerns a chest injury will undermine his bid to be part of Australia's Tri Nations defence against New Zealand at Elland Road on Saturday (Sunday morning AEDT).

"I'm sweet," said Wing when asked what odds he rated himself of being available for the collision with the physical Kiwis.

Bennett was concerned about Wing's chest injury after it contributed to him missing the tackle that led to Great Britain's last try in last Saturday's 26-14 Test at Hull.

"It was bad enough that he missed the tackle that led to Great Britain's last try," said Bennett.

"It's still tender and sore so we'll see how it goes through the week and make a final decision later."

Wests Tigers halfback Scott Prince, who was dropped for last week's Test against Great Britain would get a recall if Wing succumbed to what is one of the most painful injuries a player can have.

Wing, who was called up as a late injury replacement when on holiday in Hawaii, suffered the injury playing in the Test against France in Perpignan.

He copped another whack on it in the win over Great Britain but like teammate Craig Gower (quad) was confident of playing if selected.

"I don't even think I need a pad. I'm just wearing it at training for the week just in case," he said.

"I got a knock on it it at the weekend but I wasn't really wearing the right pad.

"It's felt fine the last couple of days and I haven't any problem at all.

"I've deliberately run into a few tackles here and I really don't feel it all.

"There's nothing wrong with me."

Bennett though will want to carry out his own examination and be certain Wing will not be at risk in such a vital game.

He is still to decide on the final make-up of his 17-man squad after naming 19 players, including Prince and Steve Price who missed the last Test.

AAP

HSC
davo_ said:
Because despite Wingy's filipino or whatever heritage he is more Australian than you.
Fuck off davo, you're always lookin for a fight.
Bennett has already said he has doubts about him playing with the injury, so if he's going to be a liability its better for himself and Australia to not play and risk further injury. They have a ready made replacement in Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)