• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonazi

tahu doesnt need gidley to be a good player. many times this season and in previous seasons he's had to slip into the centres because of injuries and does a great job. this yr hes played great when hes not injured, and there's no johns in the team this yr. its sad to see him go, particularly cos i hate the eels.
parra need to sign more backs. they've lost lyon, vaealiki and now dykes, and only tahu is there to replace them. peterson is shit, mckinnon is ok, and grothe is alright. parra wooden spooners next yr.

neonazi

brisbane hooker michael ryan is out for the season. thats the second of their hookers gooone. (the thoer was berrigan).
the tigers r tryin to do a manly and wear the old-style jerseys this week. i think they're hopin that it will have the same effect on them.

nerd2die4

HSC
ummm, i think most teams are having a commemarative jersey. Bulldogs had one on Friday night. and the Sharks are wearing one when they play Melbourne at Shark park. yeah, coz the NRL is trying to introduce a retrto weekend, but they want to get an idea on sales first.

nerd2die4

HSC
also with the judiciary, that melbourne player, that kneed cross in the head, umm has he not been charged?

neonazi

nerd2die4 said:
ummm, i think most teams are having a commemarative jersey. Bulldogs had one on Friday night. and the Sharks are wearing one when they play Melbourne at Shark park. yeah, coz the NRL is trying to introduce a retrto weekend, but they want to get an idea on sales first.
theyve copied that idea from the afl. they had one last week i think. but i hate the afl anyways so it doesnt bother me.
i think the old jerseys look kool and some of them r better than the ones teams have now. i say bring em back for all teams!!

neonazi

some teams though like the cowboys, warriors, kngihts, and broncos dont have retro jerseys. their first ones are pretty much like the ones they have now. but yeh the older jerseys on the other clubs look heaps kool. i like penrith's old one they had in the late 80s.

nerd2die4

HSC
well, what happens to teams like melbourne and st george illiwarra dragons, who havent been in the comp long enough to have a retro jersey?

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah st george illawarra think they wear a retro jersey every week. what a laugh that team is.

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah st george illawarra think they wear a retro jersey every week. what a laugh that team is.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I didn't even notice the Storm's "retro" jersey. Maybe they're just trying to be cool. Wannabe's.

neonazi

yeh that so good he got that long.
but did u hear about how his defence said to only fine him for six weeks and sayin that the greg bird kneein thing was worse?? wat a load of shit. williams is goooooooone!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
18 weeks ay? Wow, this is the first I've heard of it all day.

But he deserved it, it was a vicious hit whether he knew what he was doing or not.

nerd2die4

HSC
williams is thinking of an appeal. he has nothing to lose, but somehow i dont think the judiciary is going to give him a lighter sentence. it was a disgraceful act, and he deserved the sentence he recived.

though the only good thing to come out of this for williams, if you can call it a good thing, is that the sentence began two weeks ago, so he only has 16 weeks left.

neonazi

i dont really see the point of appealin the decision. he has should have seen the pictures enoguh times to realise what a stupid thing he did. he should just cop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)