• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

One Little Question (1 Viewer)

loser4life

My UAI doesn't allow me to gain entry into my first pref, but for my second pref, it's right on the dot...98.50 for bus/law at UTS. I'm a bit worried I wont get in because it's right on the cut off, is there anything to be worried about?

Also, if you don't qualify for your first pref, they automatically give you your second right??

(I'm so bad at all this UAC and preference crap!!)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If you reached the cutoff, then you should be in. The cutoff is the lowest UAI they accepted for that course.

And yes, if you don't get first pref, u are automatically considered for 2nd.

santaslayer

HSC
no...u will definatley get into ur 2nd course if it is on the dot unless the course has an additional selection criteria that u have not met (eg. UMAT test for medicine)
and yes if u dont qualify for first u will automatically be CONSIDERED for ur second prefernce..and get in, provided u meet all the criteria.....hope it helps

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
i'm not sure that's right about definitely getting in on the dot. if there are 40 odd people on a certain uai and the highest TES on that uai was the last person to be excepted into the course, would the other 39 not miss out despite being on the cutoff?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by walla
i'm not sure that's right about definitely getting in on the dot. if there are 40 odd people on a certain uai and the highest TES on that uai was the last person to be excepted into the course, would the other 39 not miss out despite being on the cutoff?
That would be a weird situation...40 odd ppl on the same UAI wanting the same course..
anyway, I think they just increase the cutoff by 0.05, or allow for anyone on that UAI in on EAS

santaslayer

HSC
i think the uac people would of accounted for that problem....that is why the uai cut offs are published after u give ur preferences in. does that sound right?

s2ophie

HSC
um santaslayer the uAI cut offs are determined by the preferences people give... hence they don't work them out until after all preferences are in

loser4life

just wanted to let cro angel know that my first pref was science/law at uts...but the cut off for that has gone through the roof :( But got into bus/law so all is well!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you got into 2nd? so we know it's the lowest who gets in, the the ones who miss out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)