• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

One Nation racist (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
anyone with a social conscience would not watch anything that she is on...
anyone with taste would not watch anything that she is on...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I don't think Pauline Hanson is racist, after watching an interview with her, and I think she didn't set out to create a racist party. I doubt they're a racist party. Such accusations are probably stirred by the hype from the media or people hit to close to home by her words.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Pauline hanson has made some very racist comments, and some of her parties views are very racist...
There's no place for her party just as there's no place for aboriginals in a tent embassy demanding back-rent.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Pauline Hanson is racist and every one of her followers is racist. My dad helped campaign for One Nation around here a while ago. It was very embarassing for me. I nearly lost friends over it. So many white Australians would join One Nation if there weren't so much stigma attached to it, you mark my words..

tattoodguy

one nation is goood...............and so is pauline hansen.

some one.................show me what they have done thats racist????

whenever anyone white......................shows patriatism etc..............its racism.......like white pride etc, but muslims or azns can have there own litttle commmunities etc.and organisations...............but in australia....................if anyone makes a pro white pro australian organisation................its racism.........in our own country...

we have so many sheeep in this country who cant think for themselves, they alll follow the crowd......................anyone with brains can seee that pualine hansen and one nation are just a bunch of champs trying to make australia a better place.

give them a break.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah well, at least there is always the National Party...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...One-Nation-dead/2004/12/29/1103996606337.html

Ettridge pronounces One Nation dead

One Nation would never again be a credible force in Australian politics and now only existed in the minds of a handful of "lonely" people who were "clinging to a cadaver", the party's co-founder said today.

One Nation co-founder David Ettridge, who is no longer connected to the party, said the organisation he started with Pauline Hanson was now dead.

His comments come a day after One Nation NSW Upper House MP David Oldfield announced he would leave the party next year and serve the remainder of his term as an independent.

Mr Oldfield's departure leaves just two parliamentarians serving under the One Nation banner, Queensland state MP Rosa Lee Long and Queensland senator Len Harris, who lost his place in the last election and will retire on June 30 next year.

"I really think the party is non-existent," Mr Ettridge said.

"It exists in the minds now of a handful of people who are clinging to a cadaver and those people I think are just lonely souls who need somewhere to go for monthly meetings."

One Nation's steady erosion began in 2000, two years after the Hanson-led movement won 11 seats in the Queensland parliament.

It has been plagued by disunity ever since, Mr Ettridge said.

Mr Oldfield was forced into leaving the party because of its lack of popularity, Mr Ettridge said.

"This is the essence of David Oldfield's move - the One Nation party could not pass an audit test by the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)," Mr Ettridge said.

"It simply doesn't have enough members and he's forced into being an independent no matter what happens because he simply can't remain registered as a party."

Mr Oldfield today rejected the claim and said extra members' details were lodged with the AEC when he left the party to keep membership numbers at the correct level.

"That's just ridiculous, the numbers are appropriate," Mr Oldfield said.

Mr Oldfield was voted into the NSW Legislative Council in 1999 as a representative of Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party, but quit that party in 2000 when he helped to found One Nation NSW.

Both Mr Ettridge and Ms Hanson made separate unsuccessful efforts to win Senate seats in the November federal election.

Both were previously jailed for 11 weeks for electoral fraud before their convictions were overturned on appeal.

Mr Ettridge is no longer in contact with Ms Hanson or any of his former One Nation colleagues and sees no future for himself in politics.

"I have no faith in it, no belief in it and certainly no future in it."

AAP

RIZAL

HSC
tattoodguy said:
some one.................show me what they have done thats racist????
tattoodguy:

"I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians. Between 1984 and 1995, 40 per cent of all migrants coming into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate. Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united. The world is full of failed and tragic examples" - PAULINE HANSON IN HER FIRST PARLIAMENT SPEECH 1996.

http://www.australianpolitics.com/parties/onenation/96-09-10hanson-first-speech.shtml

I hope this clears things up for you.

PaulST

HSC
Dimsimmer said:
i hate Pauline Hanson that racist bitch
So you're racist towards Pauline Hanson because she's racist?

Apologies for being the devils advocate.

If we have extremist left wing parties (ie Greens) then why can't righ wing parties be allowed in? I disagree with the policies of both on most occasions, but where has the idea of free speech gone?
Left wing members of the community claim America is Evil
Right wing members of the community claim Asia is evil

Is there a difference between the fact that both believes are stupid?

spiny norman

HSC
If Dimsimmer were being racist they would have said "I hate Pauline Hanson that racist albino bitch".

The Greens are not extremist. One Nation's not extremist. Family First is. And your italicised point is a rather massive generalisation.

PaulST

HSC
spiny norman said:
The Greens are not extremist. One Nation's not extremist. Family First is. And your italicised point is a rather massive generalisation.
I find your reply interesting. What do you class as extremist? According to dictionary.com it is "a person who holds extreme views." Now I think that saying that we don't want Asians in Australia because they are Asians is extreme (One Nation). Suggesting that some illicit drugs should be legalised is also extreme in my opinion, ditto paying for peoples sex change operations (and filling up the struggling hospital system more, and legal system when law suits take place for the operation just like the one going through the courts in Vic at the moment). The latter two were policies of the Greens Party.

Now how did you get to the belief that the Family First Party is extremist? And before you mention the comments by a volunteer that they should burn lesbians in hell, that person has no official affiliation with the party and definitely has nothing to do with them now after they disowned and assocated the person. By claiming that the FF party is extremist is a massive generalisation isn't it?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Dimsimmer said:
i hate Pauline Hanson that racist bitch
you hate pauline hanson yet the leader of our country ended up stealing like what.... most of her stances on refugees etc......

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
like................?

Most of her points are racist....
I consider it to be racist that just because I'm white I'm supposed to apologise for the "stolen generation". Did I do it? No. Why should I apologise just because some others of Anglo background decided to assimilate Aboriginal children? Is it not racist to blame all white people for the misgivings of a few in power? Perhaps Howard should apologise on behalf of past governments, but never on behalf of me.

I am of Irish background. Do I ask everyone of English background to apologise for injustices done to the Irish? No.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
The current refugee policy (i.e., mandatory detention) was first created back in the Keating days, so it isn't as though we only have the Coalition and One Nation to 'blame'. I can't dispute that the Nationals and the Liberals appear to have taken a more mainstream approach to Hanson's grievances in recent years, though.

Generator

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I consider it to be racist that just because I'm white I'm supposed to apologise for the "stolen generation". Did I do it? No. Why should I apologise just because some others of Anglo background decided to assimilate Aboriginal children? Is it not racist to blame all white people for the misgivings of a few in power? Perhaps Howard should apologise on behalf of past governments, but never on behalf of me.

I am of Irish background. Do I ask everyone of English background to apologise for injustices done to the Irish? No.
It's a part of our heritage, and whether we ourselves are at fault or not does not matter. If we are to take pride in the supposed achievements of the ANZACs, then we should be ashamed over the past treatment of Indigenous Australians. It isn't an admission of personal guilt, rather an act of understanding.

Of course, that understanding counts for nothing if we do not act to rectify the mistakes of the past or to facilitate greater opportunities for Indigenous Australians today.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I agree that perhaps a sympathetic sorry is in order, but not a responsible one. And I take pride in the ANZAC spirit because one of my direct ascendants was involved, not merely because I am Australian. And so far as I know none of my ascendants has been involved with the "stolen generation", as they only moved here around the 1930s and I somehow doubt they were members of parliament.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
'But if we say sorry they are gonna like sue as for millions!' -

I always wondered. What the fuck are they suing for?

Saying sorry isn't going to happen any time soon. It is sad in that Australia is forgetting history. Sweeping it under the carpet so to speak.

The Aboriginal problem is a serious one. The problems that are associated with certain aboriginal communities differs from those of other aboriginal communities. Hence it is difficult to throw money in certain directions without forgeting other areas.

For example the needs and issues associated with the ATSI people of Refern will differ greatly from those ATSI people who live in the NT.

There are no two ways about it. The ATSI people are the way they are today because of the European intervention on this continent. Whether the killing of ATSI people was malicious is debatable. Certainly during the early years there is plenty of evidence to suggest the mass murder of aboriginals.

However the current generation of Australian's is unlikely to feel any responsibility for the plight of the current ATSI people mainly because avearge WASP joe like Withoutaface living out in whitewash North Western Sydney is unlikely to feel much for the ATSI problem. He certainly isn't going to apologise to those who live in redfern and neither am I.

But its important to understand why and how we got the stage we are at now. How did the ATSI problem get out of control. Why did they people end up like this...etc etc. To understand that our forfathers didnt have a very positive prespective on ATSI people or any non white people. Our current generation of adults can still remember the white Australia policy.

People tend not to think about HOW atsi people managed to get where they are today. They get pissed off when they notice that their application form asks whether they are ATSI in origin and when the government gives money to them.

This is not about equality. It is about affirmative action. ATSI people do not start at the same level as those as lucky as us to be in a nice home in the burbs with enough money to be able to buy a 2000 buck computer - and have hardly a worry in the world.

Essentially the ATSI community needs A LEADER, an educated leader who can rally their population to betterment. At the moment they they have no leader, no direction and have gotten used to putting their hand out.

They need a leader that can pormote mutual obligation AN EDUCATED LEADER.

It sad that many feel no need to say sorry for the past or acknowledge the mistakes of the past - certainly looking at the past and keeping current actions in perspective isn't at the forefront of Liberal Party thinking (in our society the past doesn't matter - we seem to just keep repeating mistakes over and over again)...

Last edited:

PaulST

HSC
withoutaface said:
I tend to agree with you. By admiting liability, saying sorry would open the flood gates for thousands of law suits.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
PaulST said:
I tend to agree with you. By admiting liability, saying sorry would open the flood gates for thousands of law suits.
You are a fucking idiot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)