• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Orientation Week?? (1 Viewer)

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
ok i know that UTS has camps for some first years, and UNSW has an entire week for orientation...what do we have??
do we have an orientation week?? or is it just that orientation day we go depending on our study area??

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Homey said:
ok i know that UTS has camps for some first years, and UNSW has an entire week for orientation...what do we have??
do we have an orientation week?? or is it just that orientation day we go depending on our study area??
You have Orientation Day. And our first week of semester is Orientation Week...like the UNSW one with less bands and no divison stuff (cos that was all covered on the Orientation Day).

We used to have the SAM Orientation Camp. Don't think they have that anymore.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
No probs.

Oh don't forget to go to your lectures in O-Week.

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
ok so O-week basically starts on Feb 28th right? and during this first week of uni, WE ONLY GO TO LECTURES, NO TUTORIALS EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THEM ON THE DAY RIGHT?

^___^
HSC
for first yr units
yes, theres no tutes

i think prac is still on (cos i remember going to it for comp115)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
also some law tutes were on last year, so check with your subject. if the lecture is before the tute the lecturer should tell you and if not just ask

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
i phoned up pplz at macquarie uni and they said u don't attend tutorials and practicals for the first week.

Also i was wondering whether the orientation day is the day of our own academic orientations for 1st yrs, if not then what is the orientation day and when is it?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
orientation day is the day when you go for your division, sometime next week i think

so yes it's what you said

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
charmed_cuties said:
Also i was wondering whether the orientation day is the day of our own academic orientations for 1st yrs, if not then what is the orientation day and when is it?
ye ur orientation day is the one day ur academic department ppl have orientation. its diff to o-week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)