• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pathways (1 Viewer)

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC

absolution* said:
OH MY. Blue writing burns my eyes.
Sorry i love my blue writing my apologies.

:) and anyway blue writing isn't that bad ! maybe try yellow! :eek:

Cars never interested me because i didn't have a liking for it . The only thing that i do like in the car is how much vroom one can do and how good is the subwoofer for music ;) other then that :) i don't know nothing about cars lol.

But i wouldn't mind learning on one because i don't have my P's... i have been waiting for about 2 years and my 18th birthday is in less then two months away....:eek: What should I do for my birthday ? any ideas ? bring out the grog? *shrugs* i have no idea.

Last edited:

Jessisbored

HSC
i was going to do pathways to concentrate on swimming but then i decided that two full on years of year 12 will just make my performance worse as ill slacken off by working for too long. Its too hard, it was better cutting down and concentrating on 10 units rather than doing more over 24 months

daydreamkitty

HSC
It's not the yrs mossup, it's if your mature for it and can you take it on ...... You have to be strong if you do start something like that. I mean it's not excactly helpfull when your friends leave and do something else, but thats fair enough.. I think i am lucky to have such supportive friends that will be my friends for years more :)

Yeah i can admit sport and two years of the HSC isn't too appealing ;) but then again i hate sport except for swimming ..... i did gymnastics when i was young and pulled alot of muscles :( never got the hang of too many sports tho_Oh we'll good stuff :)

7th Sign

HSC
theirs like 2 in my grade doing it......they both say its shit and dont do it and regret it....the only reason they did it was because of sports commitments.....

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
yeh my careers advisor said that alot of people find it hard to stay focused and end up wasting there time, so it's defanatly not for everyone. i found it really hard to stay focused but it ended up working out

daydreamkitty

HSC
it's sorta freeky though :) at first..... your friends call you a "bludger" [ only jokingly ] then half way through the year they get "tutorials" ehehe when I don't hahah. Wonderful, plus i could goto the local library in the same suburb as long i was back in time ;) *sigh* that was cool :D

69^boi

HSC
N/A
wtf? how come my school didnt introduce/say anything pathways,wot da hell!?.
i read about in the HSC booklet that tells wot the hsc is about blah blah...n it mention pathways* but didnt noe the school offer it...

lala2

Banned
HSC
One girl from class of '04 is doing the rest of her subjects with us now, so out of six lines of 2U subjects (extensions are separate), she has three lines of frees!!!! grrr......

and another girl from our year (class of '05) is going to do pathways as well, she had cancer, so she missed her school cert and at least three quarters if not more of Year 10, so there was no point pressing her...'lucky' girl! I mean, I'd like to spread my HSC out, but to be a victim of cancer is not something I'd want to be, so I guess pathways for her is just like a year of the HSC for us. Out of six lines of 2U subjects, she has just two lines filled! So she can go home halfday...that would be nice in this kind of weather, to go hide at home

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well I didn't exactly do pathways, but cause I did acceleration I did 4u of my HSC this year, and am now doing the remaining 7 units. Personally, if you're healthy and don't have any special circumstances I don't reccommend it because you come down from the high of your first lot of exams, only to have to maintain that as the rest of the course starts. it's been really difficult for me to remain motivated because I've been so busy all year and now have 36 frees in a fortnight. theoretically, with all that time, I should be on top of my game, but when you've got that much free time it's so easy to say 'I'll do it later'

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
yeh i agree thats it's really hard to stay motivated and if you can do it in one year than you should. I only did four units this year and i know that my marks aren't gonna be as good as they could have been. btw lala2 yeh they have more frees but they will be there an extra year so it's not as cruisey as you think!!!

daydreamkitty

HSC
Hey ,
it's funny about this subject. I changed schools for my second year and so far it has been okay... but like i think you need your friends all round you. It's kool actully because next year my friends are hoping to goto USYD.Alot of my friends don't live around the suburbs like i do ( USYD is yah know near city and can go as far back as newtown, i live in leichhardt. ) and my friends , one lives kingsgrove a guy friend lives all the way from Penrith!.

So it would be cool to see them.... to catch up and what know, being there closer then expected , tis all good.But like i said bludging can get to you unless your strictly organised and that..... I only found out about pathways off a friend of mine..... she told me when i was crying about school and that i would fail my year 11 exams... stress got to me >.<.

I seriously don't think pathways is told to any of the year 12's. I remember my friend [ we where in design and technology yapping while working on our DAT major.... i told her before do you think this is the right decision?] and she mentioned that if she got told about it she would.... but before the dat exams she confessed " i don't think i could do another year of this" < and she was on a suger high on lollies hehe ^.^...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)