• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PIP Considerations (1 Viewer)

chrissie_t

HSC
Due to me being a internet addict I am planning on basing my PIP on weblogging.
My S&C teacher suggested I focus on societies changes over time, how 'blogs' have become the new confessional. But whilst i've been researching I've noticed a lot of stories about people being fired due to things they have written in the 'blogs' as well as stories about teens writing down their wishes to harm others etc being discovered. The use and abuse of 'blogs' seems to be a big issue, but i'm not sure out of the two areas which will supply more information and will be easier to question others about.

Any ideas/input?

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
omg i think it is a really cool topic. You could talk about modernisation and how as societies modernise they tend to become more dislocated as they move from gemeinschaft to geselschaft societies and how the internet then becomes a way of reaching out. They are also a new form of social protest etc. Unlike the sixties when people were literally marching on the streets our generation speaks through the internet.

So while the internet can be positive you could also talk about the negative affects as sometimes it negates from real action itself and people become consumed in a world which isnt real.

Spritza

HSC
My pip's on the net and communictions so is kinda simmilar. I also be an internet addict so to speak :p

Maybe you could mention that blogs have become the new diaries, where people write stuff. YOu look at some of those msn spaces and see what kinda people say. Be good if you could get hold of some diaries from older people, of their chldhood and compair ^_^

chrissie_t

HSC
My original Idea was to compare down time...you know...confessionals, letters, diaries then to e-mails and blogs. I hadn't thought about those msn pages...and places like that...hmm this is giving me more ideas.

chrissie_t

HSC
Ok. So i've started.
I'm focusing now on the use and abuse. Such as people getting fired etc from what they posted as well as fights due to whats been posted etc.
I'm also thinking for my cross cultural aspect to use generation differences. Diarys and letters vs blogs etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)