• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Please help me!!!!! Geography assessment world cities (1 Viewer)

Asmara

Hey there all!!
I have been trying to do this geography assessment for 2 weeks now and just can't get started!! Its driving me crazy.
Its Urban Places on Mega cities. Its iinsane, it looks so easy yet i can't do anything.
Anyone with any ideas or has done it and can help me get started please email az_mac24@iprimus.com.au
Thanks all :eek:

Asmara

Sorry

lol sorry, that would be an idea
ok here goes:

'people living in mega cities face a range of challenger such as access to acceptable housing, infrastructure, power, water, sanitation and other social and health issues.
Incorporate these issues:
self help projects
Community self governemt
cooperation from NGO's
urban protest
operations of information economies.

There go. Just looking ofr sites that may help

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
well...what exactly is the problem you have??
i would start off by agreeing with the statement, and then providing a few examples in ur intro. then i would take a paragraph to look at each issue, making heavy use of statistics and examples...it seems to impress geography teachers...
if ur a bit more specific with ur prob...we can try and assist more

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I didn't do geography, but i really wanted to ... but maybe Mexico city might be a good example to use.

Last edited:

darmo

hey
if you still need a hand, i have already done this thingy. it really is easy. you only have like 20 megacities worldwide, right. so if i was writing the essay, i would state in the intro that there are only a small number of classified megacities, and they all face common problems- ie. housing, employment, pollution, water and whatever. Then take each thing- eg. housing, and for your first point use the cities as examples. so for housing, you would use Jakarta and mexico, and look up those- you'll find that jakarta has a kampung improvement programme that has been awarded for its usefulness etc. and mexico sucks with housing becoz its so big and stuff.
and then you do ....water supply. which is a problem in...whereever (cant remember)
if i have confused you let me know- (this isnt my sign in name cos i dont have one :S) email me at y04sally_m@mail.tara.nsw.edu.au
you'll find that most cities have tried to do something about their problems, but dont have the resources to finish or start their things.......
anywayz. good luck
*sally*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)