• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Please help (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
What if the question asked in the HSC exam doesn't relate to our prescribed and related texts? For eg. belonging to a place

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm jus trying to get my head around it

Thank you

aekryan

HSC
All elements of belonging would have been integrated into the text prescribed, and the question regardless would call upon the student to address these in an essay. If you have prepared an essay that strictly focuses on one area in particular i think a reevaluation of your analysis to accommodate for greater scope conceptually would be in order. However remember to link the intro, conclusion, and tie the bodys back to your specialized thesis.

Effectively speaking you should be able to draw upon your knowledge in lets say, belonging to people, into belonging to place. An example of a rudimentary thesis would run (calling upon your skills as a rambler in the exam) People belong to places through people etc etc", or something of the like i'm assuming and then you would go through your prepared topic sentences and analysis.

This may be wrong as i'm guessing, I've just been resting after a hard year of slacking off...

gleeek

HSC
All elements of belonging would have been integrated into the text prescribed, and the question regardless would call upon the student to address these in an essay. If you have prepared an essay that strictly focuses on one area in particular i think a reevaluation of your analysis to accommodate for greater scope conceptually would be in order. However remember to link the intro, conclusion, and tie the bodys back to your specialized thesis.

Effectively speaking you should be able to draw upon your knowledge in lets say, belonging to people, into belonging to place. An example of a rudimentary thesis would run (calling upon your skills as a rambler in the exam) People belong to places through people etc etc", or something of the like i'm assuming and then you would go through your prepared topic sentences and analysis.

This may be wrong as i'm guessing, I've just been resting after a hard year of slacking off...
I do see your logic! Thanks, makes sense now. I'm just freaking out haha

Alkanes

HSC
Yea i'm sure the examiners will set a question on belonging that is suited to all the prescribed texts that you can write about.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The question will definitely relate to the prescribed.

As for your related, you should prepare more than one to cover yourself.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
As an added note, try to think more broadly :) Place isn't just an obvious physical connection to a home or piece of land, it's personal, emotional, cultural or spiritual connection (or lack thereof) to a (restrictive, accepting, disciplinary) school, to a particular environment (open, welcoming, exclusive, warm), or to a community (suspicious, familiar, tight-knit) which is what establishes a sense of place to the area, or the town itself (memorable, cosy), etc. Surely one of these, or something similar, will be related to your text/s!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)